Food for Picky Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If my son had been a picky eater he may well have starved as I've no patience for that - fortunately he would eat anything! Loved Escargo, steamer clams, lobster (grrrr) just anything.

Along the road, though, I have encountered picky eaters - fortunately I was not solely responsible for their feeding so they did not starve.

Mashed potatoes are usually a hit. Fried Chicken (cut up so that the pieces are NOT recognizable) sloppy Joes, and my niece would eat most things with "sauce" on them and the sauce could be catsup but there had to be some kind of sauce. The Top Ramen sort of noodles generally go over well as does most pasta if gently sauced. I think picky eaters have easily stimulated taste buds so mild is best.

You might have more success with exotic shapes...such as cutting the crusts off the bread and rolling it out like dough then spreading it with peanut butter + jelly or cream cheese and jellied cranberries, roll it up like a jelly roll and cut them into bite size chunks. Smashed bananas also make a good filling or butter and cinnamon/sugar. Ok not terribly nutritional but also not terribly bad!

Good luck and let us know how you fare!

Last edited:
Constance,

I had a family get together recently and there were 8 kids..I set up a table for them and put out a tray of small skewers,wooden, and a platter of cut up fruit and let them make kabobs, the dove in, I also provided a caramel and a chocolate dip for them, for dinner I had pesto for the adults and grilled steaks, the kids were asked before hand and some opted for steak, other for, pigs in a blanket with cheese.., we also had corn on the cob, several salads, a rice torta, stuffed onions, you'd be surprised that the kids when left to fix their own plates chose many things I thought they would turn their noses at. Even my Cade ate like no tomorrow..I knew he loved steak, but to see him also dive into a pig in blanket, WELLL, you could have knocked me down by blowing on me:ROFLMAO: A little attention, a little section fixed just for kids and they fall right into the party thing:LOL:
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom