Green Bean Stuffing Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deathbysoup

Senior Cook
Green Bean Stuffing Casserole

2 cans green beans or an equal amount of fresh, steamed.
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I use Old but you can really use any kind of sharp cheddar you want.)
1 box stuffing ( whatever flavor you like ) OR :

2 cups stale bread or stuffing bread cubed or torn
2 tsps fresh savory
1/2 large onion chopped
2 celery ribs chopped finely
1 clove of garlic finely minced
1/2 cup of butter
salt and pepper to taste
5-6 small button mushrooms sliced

Cook onions , garlic , celery and mushrooms with butter and salt and pepper until slightly tender. Combine with bread and savory.

1 can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup ( or whatever you are comfortable using , I've even used a homemade roux style concoction when not comfortable with canned soup )

Combine all ingredients and spread into glass casserole dish .Bake at 350 until it starts to bubble and brown .

----

Delicious but please do not ask for the nutritional information as you really do not want to know. This is one of those guilty pleasure kind of dishes and a nice change from the green bean casserole with french's fried onions on top .

I make something almost identical to this every year after Thanksgiving using the leftover infamous "Green Bean Casserole". I add leftover stuffing, leftover bite-size pieces of turkey, some extra seasoning to taste, sprinkle with cheese, bake, & voila - a new way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. I don't think I'd make it outside of Thanksgiving though.

Back
Top Bottom