Halloween [Candy] Corn Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rock LaRue

Cook
I have a nice little Halloween dish for you all. This is a great one to bring to parties because people look at it all weird and then they try it and beg for the recipe! It's pretty rich though, so I wouldn't recommend taking it to any Halloween bashes where lots of alcohol is involved. You might have your own personal zombie apocalypse on your hands . . . and on your feet . . . and your pants . . . and the walls. :LOL:

Halloween [Candy] Corn Cassrole

Ingredients
4 15oz. cans creamed corn
1 15oz. can fruit cocktail
1 pkg. lemon Jell-o
1 8oz. container Philadelphia Soft Chive & Onion cream cheese
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
Approx. 1lb. bag Reese's Pieces (measure to taste)

Directions
Make lemon Jell-o according to directions on package, chill, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Cream together sugar and eggs and pour into a large casserole dish. Mix in creamed corn and cream cheese and blend well. Stir in fruit cocktail and Jell-o. Bake 45 minutes at 300 degrees. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Top liberally with Reese's Pieces and serve.

Last edited:
I have a nice little Halloween dish for you all. This is a great one to bring to parties because people look at it all weird and then they try it and beg for the recipe! It's pretty rich though, so I wouldn't recommend taking it to any Halloween bashes where lots of alcohol is involved. You might have your own personal zombie apocalypse on your hands . . . and on your feet . . . and your pants . . . and the walls. :LOL:

Halloween [Candy] Corn Cassrole

Ingredients
4 15oz. cans creamed corn
1 15oz. can fruit cocktail
1 pkg. lemon Jell-o
1 8oz. container Philadelphia Soft Chive & Onion cream cheese
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
Approx. 1lb. bag Reese's Pieces (measure to taste)

Directions
Make lemon Jell-o according to directions on package, chill, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Cream together sugar and eggs and pour into a large casserole dish. Mix in creamed corn and cream cheese and blend well. Stir in fruit cocktail and Jell-o. Bake 45 minutes at 300 degrees. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Top liberally with Reese's Pieces and serve.

This is a joke, right?:wacko:

um, pardon if this is an obvious answer, but, if it truly isn't a joke, then why would one go to the trouble of making jell-o is it would then be baked?

let's see...corn, fruit, chive, onion, peanut butter, jello & eggs.
please be a joke... please be a joke...

um, pardon if this is an obvious answer, but, if it truly isn't a joke, then why would one go to the trouble of making jell-o is it would then be baked?

let's see...corn, fruit, chive, onion, peanut butter, jello & eggs.
please be a joke... please be a joke...
The creamed corn and cream cheese together are pretty liquidy. The gelatin serves as a thickener/bonding agent and the lemon flavoring adds a zing to the flavor without curdling the cream. Otherwise, you'd have corn and cheese soup . . .

This is one you have to see and taste to believe, obviously. I don't mean to be rude, but as you said, people look at it all weird. Well, we are looking at it all weird.

The only ingredient I don't understand is this: 1 8oz. container Philadelphia Soft Chive & Onion cream cheese ~ why the chive and onion and not regular?

The only ingredient I don't understand is this: 1 8oz. container Philadelphia Soft Chive & Onion cream cheese ~ why the chive and onion and not regular?
So you don't have to add them yourself? :mellow:

I have another casserole recipe that calls for the same thing.

Rock LaRue said:
... It's pretty rich though, so I wouldn't recommend taking it to any Halloween bashes where lots of alcohol is involved. You might have your own personal zombie apocalypse on your hands . . . and on your feet . . . and your pants . . . and the walls....

I'm not sure alcohol would be needed!

ummm...

Sorry I'm jumping on the bandwagon-but this sounds disgusting! Maybe it's just because I hate lemon jello, or maybe not...I don't have the urge to try it, but if it works for you then that's what it's all about!

lpb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom