ISO help converting scalloped potatoes into a meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Dove

Senior Cook
what items should i add to scalloped potatoes in order to turn it into a full meal cassarole. I was thinking of adding some ground beef and maybe some additional veggies.

Hi, Mr_Dove.

One of the things I add to my scalloped potatoes is chunks or thick slices of baked ham. Just alternate layers of potatoes and ham and bake as usual.

This was one of my all-time favorite dishes to use up after-Easter ham. Really yummy.

I have taken leftover scalloped potatoes and added leftover green bean casserole to it with a bit more milk or cream. The famliy went crazy for it! Peas and carrots are another good add in too.

Mr. Dove - scalloped potatoes make an excellent base for pretty much anything to turn them into a good meal.

I'd add cooked ground beef (or turkey, or chicken) & any vegetables (cooked) that appeal to you, maybe some grated cheese of choice, then just bake until heated through. A green salad on the side would complete this nicely.

I concur with the ham, although pork, uncured, such as porkchops works very well.

Back
Top Bottom