ISO tator tot casserole recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
My computer is down...some problem with the power connection, and that's where all my recipes are. :(
I was planning to make tator tot casserole tonight to go with some pork chops I thawed. The recipe I'm looking for has no hamburger or other vegies in it, just condensed soup, tator tots, chopped ham and lots of cheddar cheese. I've only made it once, and it was really good, but it seems there were other ingredients.
Can anyone help?

Hi Constance, if you switched the chicken breast with ham, do you think that this might work? :) I'd just omit the corn and up the tots a little bit to compensate. Then sprinkle or layer the cheddar how ever your heart desires.

"This and that" tater tot casserole

Makes about 6-8 servings

1 lb chicken breast, skinless

10 ozs tater tots, thawed

1/2 c onions, chopped 10

3/4 ozs low-fat cream of mushroom soup

1/4 tsp black pepper

2/3 c water

15 and 1/4 ozs canned corn, drained

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and onions until chicken is no longer pink. Add salt, black pepper, and corn. Mix well. Pour into prepared dish. Arrange tater tots on top. In a small bowl, combine soup and water. Pour mixture over top tater tots in dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.

I haven't tried this, but, it looks good and you can probably alter it for the ham instead of bacon.

1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots
2 cups of shredded cheese
5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup chives
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  1. Cook tots in oven as directed. Don't turn off oven.
  2. Take off cookie sheet and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of tots. Crumble bacon on top of cheese.
  3. Place uncovered back into preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted. Sprinkle chives over the top. Serve with sour cream on the side for dipping

Hash Brown Casserole
1 packet (32oz.) frozen hash browns or tater tots, thawed
1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (8oz.) carton sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
2 cups crushed corn flakes

add in ideas: ground beef or shredded chicken, cooked

Combine potatoes, onion, soup, sour cream, meat and cheese and stir.

Put into casserole dish. Combine cornflakes and margarine. Sprinkle on top.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

Abj, I made your recipe, using chopped ham and bacon bits. It was delicious. I like catsup on mine, which grosses my husband out to no end...guess I'm still a kid at heart. :LOL:

hahaha! abj and middie, my recipe is the same too, only I brown onion tater tots (or they get mooshy) and combine with all the other ingredients. It is good stuff, and very kid-friendly if you have children- what kid doesn't love tater tots in a yummy sauce! I think my recipe is a combination of several recipes, just like all the wonderful recipes you received, that I changed several times to suit our taste! The possibilities with this recipe are endless! Hope you enjoy!

Constance,
Glad you liked it. Great idea adding ham. I usually add lean ground beef or ground turkey, but I might try the ham next time.

HB & I have had two meals off the casserole, and still have a little left. I think I'm going to add some eggs and make a frittata out of the rest.

I made the frittata and it was superb! I melted about a tablespoon of bacon grease in the bottom of an 8" non-stick skillet, added the leftover casserole, beat a couple of eggs in a cup of milk and poured it over the top. I sliced a roma tomato on top and sprinkled it with parmesan cheese and Bayou Blast. After it had browned a bit on the bottom, I stuck it in the oven at 350 and cooked till it was almost set, turned on the broiler for a few minutes to crisp and brown the top, then removed it from the oven and let it stand for a bit.
Yummee!

It's Emeril Lagasse's "Essence". We make a big batch, and store it in a jar in the pantry.

Bayou Blast
2-1/2 tbls paprika
2 tbls salt
2 tbls granulated garlic
1 tbl black pepper
1 tbl onion powder
1 tbl cayenne pepper
1 tbl dried oregano
1 tbl dried thyme, crushed

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Four times the recipe fits nicely in a large shaker jar.

Piccolina, I was searching for a Casserole Recipe to take for Pot Luck meal with our Airstream Friends. Going to try this one. Thanks Aria

Back
Top Bottom