ISO TNT Hamburger Casseroles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jabbur said:
One recipe I make is called hamburger stuffing. It's simple. Brown 1-1/2 lbs ground beef. In large bowl mix one bag cubed stuffing (I usually use Pepperidge Farms brand country style) with 4 cans any kind of cream soup. I generally use onion, mushroom, celery and cheese. Add 3 cans milk and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add meat and mix well. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30-45 mins. You can add seasonings if you want or cook your meat with onions and green peppers. Personally, the stuffing comes seasoned enough for my family. It's a quick and easy supper. Serve with a side salad and you have a meal!

Do you still add the milk with the 'new' cream of .... soups that aren't condensed?

Agree with Barb L - the "new" "cream of" soups that aren't condensed (I believe most if not all of them are also fat-free) do not work well in recipes calling for "cream of" soups. Definitely always use the regular condensed "cream of" soups, unless the recipe specifies not to.

I don't know if you would call this a casserole, but it's made out of hamburger so here goes. It's for a crockpot and the recipe is tripled (I've got a 6-qt crockpot) so the crockpot gets full to the brim.

Ground Beef Stroganoff

6 lbs. ground beef
4 medium onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16-0z) can sliced mushrooms, drained
3 1/2 tsp. salt (It was originally 5 tsp but I thought that was too salty)
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 (10-oz) cans beef consomme
12-oz can tomato paste
32-oz container sour cream mixed with 10 TBSP flour

Brown ground beef in large skillet; add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute until onion is golden brown. put in crockpot with all other ingredients except sour cream/flour mixture. Stir thoroughly, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in sour cream/flour mixture one (1) hour before serving.

Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes (We tried this when my father had trouble chewing the rice or noodles when he got dentures. The rice and noodles hurt his mouth but the mashed potatoes were soft enough for him to chew/mush without hurting his mouth.)

Enjoy.

Tamale Pie

TAMALE PIE

1 lb. ground beef
Dash Tabasco
1 can tomato soup
1 can corn
½ tsp cumin
1 can kidney beans
2 tbsp chilli powder
Dash salt and pepper
Microwave: Cook beef 5 min stir ½ way. Drain beef. Add everything. Cook for 6-8 min until boils.
corn bread topping:
Mix:
¾ c corn meal
1 c flour
¾ tsp salt
1/3 c sugar
3 tsp baking powder
Add:
1 c milk
1 egg (well beaten)
2 tbsp melted shortening

Put cornbread on top of meat mix and bake at 425 F for 20 min or microwave for for 5 min (until bread is baked).

:)

I'm glad you liked it.
When I talked to my sister yesterday she said that she made it for dinner and I think I will make it tonight. Looks like it is the weekend of tamale pie.
:D

Back
Top Bottom