ISO TNT Hamburger Casseroles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
I could google but googling recipes sucks.

What are some of your favorite Hamburger Casserole recipes?

Let me know! I've got this craving. LOL@ having a craving for something you've never tried.

Hit me with your recipes and ideas.

A great one was posted just the other day here on this very site and it looked great! I just forgot to put it into my recipe book.!

When I scrolled down this page, I saw several cassaroles that included hamburger.:)

I can help you out, I love using hamburger meat. Here's some recipes. Hope you like them.

Mexican Cornbread

1 lb hamburger meat
1 box jiffy cornbread
1 can cream style corn
Picante sauce
Shredded cheese
Jalapenos
1 can corn

Mix cornbread and cream style corn. Cook hamburger meat, drain, add picante sauce and corn. Pour meat into a baking dish, then add jalapenos, sprinkle cheese, then pour cornbread on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Onion Soup Meatloaf

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup ketchup
3/4 cup water
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
2 pounds ground beef

Combine eggs, ketchup, water, and soup mix; mix well. Add bread crumbs and beef; mix well. Shape into loaf and place in a shallow pan or loaf pan. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and 15 min.

Stuffed Bell Pepper (These are the best ever)

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup rice
Velveeta cheese
salt and pepper
1 can rotel tomatoes
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
4-6 green bell peppers

Brown beef and onions with salt and pepper. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients except the cheese and peppers. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until rice is done. Core peppers and boil until soft (about 15 minutes). Add about 1/4 cup Velveeta (more or less to taste) to the meat mixture and stir until cheese melts. Fill each pepper with meat mixture and top with more cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Beef Enchiladas (very easy)

1 large pkg. corn tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bag mexican style shredded cheese
1 can enchilada sauce

Brown meat and onions. Soften tortillas in hot oil and let drain on paper towels. Roll tortillas with meat and place in a baking dish. Cover with cheese the enchilada sauce then more cheese. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Salisbury Steaks

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz.)

Gently but thoroughly mix beef, 3 tablespoons of soup mix, bread crumbs, milk, and egg. Shape into 4 patties. Brown patties in skillet in oil. Take patties out of skiller and pour off excess fat. Add remaining onion soup mix and flour; gradually stir in water and mushrooms. Add patties back in skillet and cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

one of my TNT favorites:
:chef: TATER TOT CASSEROLE
WHAT YOU NEED
1 1/2 lbs. cooked hamburger
2 cans cambell's cream of mushroom soup
1 can green beans drained
1 package tater tots
2cups cheddar cheese
WHAT TO DO:
combine hamburger,soup,green beans in a 13x9 inch
baking dish,layer with tater tots,top with cheddar cheese
bake in a 450 degree pre heated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until
bubbly.

Here are a few from my files:

Rancheros Casserole

1 package Au Gratin Potatoes
2 1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup canned corn, drained
2/3 cup milk
1/2 lb. lean ground beef, cooked and drained
1 cup shredded taco-seasoned or cheddar cheese
Chopped onion

Heat oven to 400. Mix potatoes, sauce mix, water, corn, milk and onion in ungreaded 2 qt. casserole. Stir in beef and 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand a few minutes.

Hamburger Casserole

1 lb Lean ground beef
1 sm Onion; chopped
1 pk (8-oz) cream cheese; softened
1 cn (10. 75-oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cn (12-oz) green beans -or- 2 c Fresh cooked green beans
1 Jar (2-oz) pimentos; drained and chopped
1 ts Salt
Black pepper to taste
1 cn Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

Brown meat; drain well. Add the onion and cook until tender. Stir in
cheese and the soup until well blended. Add the beans, pimentos and the
seasonings. Place into a 12" x 8" baking dish. Place the biscuits around
the edge of the casserole. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes
or till biscuits are golden brown.

Fiesta Casserole

Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 50 minutes

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1-16 oz. jar of thick and chunky salsa
1- 14 1/2oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1- 10 oz pkg. frozen corn, thawed
12-6 inch flour tortillas
1 1/2 cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet,brown ground beef with peppers, stirring frequently; drain; add salsa, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil.
Using a 9x13 inch baking pan, spoon about 1 cup beef mixture in bottom, top with 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of the remaing beef mixture over tortillas; top with 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat with 6 tortillas and beef mixure, cover with foil.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Let stand 5 minutes.

PUFFED PIZZA CASSEROLE

1-1/2 lb Beef ground
15 oz Tomato sauce
1 cup Onions -- chopped
1 cup Green pepper -- chopped
1/2 cup Water
1-1/2 oz Spaghetti sauce mix
1 tsp Oregano
1 Garlic clove -- minced
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Margarine or butter -- melt
1 tb Oil
2 Eggs
1 cup Flour
8 oz Mozzarella cheese -- shred
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated

Cook beef until brown and drain. Stir in tomato sauce, onions, green peppers, spaghetti sauce mix, oregano, garlic and dash of hot pepper sauce if desired. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile in a small mixer bowl, beat milk, melted butter, oil and eggs for 1 minute. Add the flour and beat 2 minutes more. Turn the meat mix into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with the batter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in 400~ oven for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I have an easy one from when I was growing up. My mom used to make this. It's called Buck Mountain Dinner.

2 lb gr beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup onion (I usually sub 3 cloves garlic for onion)
S & P to taste
chinese noodles

Brown gr beef, drain
add all the other ingredients except noodles, add S & P to taste. Put mixture in a 9X9 baking dish. Cover with chinese noodles. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

This is simple and good! It would make a great camp dish I think but we enjoy it at home too.

Johnny Marzetti

There are many versions of probably the most famous hamburger casserole – Johnny Marzetti. Every community cookbook I’ve seen has a variation of it in. The first recipe given is one which purports to be the original recipe passed down from one of the Marzetti family (of Marzetti’s Restaurant in Columbus, Ohio). The second one shown is one my friend has had for many years. It was given to her under the title “Johnny-Knows-It”!
The Original Johnny Marzetti
6 chopped medium onions
1½ pounds ground chuck
1½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups of cooked shell macaroni (1 pound)
¼ cup butter
4 cups grated sharp cheese
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
2 (3 oz.) cans chopped mushrooms, drained
½ cup burgundy wine
In a large skillet sauté onions and next 4 ingredients in the ¼ cup of butter about 15 minutes. Stir often. Cook macaroni until barely tender, toss macaroni with ¼ cup of butter; place in two (2-quart) casseroles. Add 2/3 of cheese to meat mixture; stir until cheese melts; add 1 can tomato sauce and mushrooms. Pour over macaroni. Top with 1 can tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. At this point, casseroles may be frozen. Cool quickly, wrap and freeze. Thaw in refrigerator about 2 hours. Start heating oven to 325 degrees. Bake casseroles uncovered 1 hour 4 minutes until hot and bubbling. Pour on wine. Serves 8 to 10. Serve with French bread, and a salad of greens, ripe olives and avocado.

JOHNNY-KNOWS-IT
2 lb. lean ground beef
1 c. chopped onions
1 c. finely chopped green pepper
1 c. chopped celery
1 small can tomato paste
2 cans tomato soup
1 pkg. cooked flat noodles
1 small can sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 small jar stuffed olives
Muenster or Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef until red is gone. Sauté onions, green pepper and celery in cooking oil. Do not overcook. Combine tomato paste, soup, noodles (and mushrooms, if desired) and add to mixture. Heat thoroughly and add 1 small jar stuffed olives. Just before serving, add cheese. Stir some of the cheese in the casserole and add some on top. Serve HOT!

JCook said:
I can help you out, I love using hamburger meat. Here's some recipes. Hope you like them.

Mexican Cornbread

1 lb hamburger meat
1 box jiffy cornbread
1 can cream style corn
Picante sauce
Shredded cheese
Jalapenos
1 can corn

Mix cornbread and cream style corn. Cook hamburger meat, drain, add picante sauce and corn. Pour meat into a baking dish, then add jalapenos, sprinkle cheese, then pour cornbread on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Onion Soup Meatloaf

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup ketchup
3/4 cup water
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
2 pounds ground beef

Combine eggs, ketchup, water, and soup mix; mix well. Add bread crumbs and beef; mix well. Shape into loaf and place in a shallow pan or loaf pan. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and 15 min.

Stuffed Bell Pepper (These are the best ever)

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup rice
Velveeta cheese
salt and pepper
1 can rotel tomatoes
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
4-6 green bell peppers

Brown beef and onions with salt and pepper. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients except the cheese and peppers. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until rice is done. Core peppers and boil until soft (about 15 minutes). Add about 1/4 cup Velveeta (more or less to taste) to the meat mixture and stir until cheese melts. Fill each pepper with meat mixture and top with more cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Beef Enchiladas (very easy)

1 large pkg. corn tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bag mexican style shredded cheese
1 can enchilada sauce

Brown meat and onions. Soften tortillas in hot oil and let drain on paper towels. Roll tortillas with meat and place in a baking dish. Cover with cheese the enchilada sauce then more cheese. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Salisbury Steaks

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz.)

Gently but thoroughly mix beef, 3 tablespoons of soup mix, bread crumbs, milk, and egg. Shape into 4 patties. Brown patties in skillet in oil. Take patties out of skiller and pour off excess fat. Add remaining onion soup mix and flour; gradually stir in water and mushrooms. Add patties back in skillet and cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Thanks for all the recipes-- can't wait to try them !! :)

A favorite from my Girl Scout camping days that I liked so much I continued to make it at home had the exotic name of "Glop".

You have to fiddle with the amounts, but it consisted of rice, ground beef, stewed tomatoes, & melted cheese (American or Velveeta type) all glommed together.

It makes great comfort food.

BreezyCooking said:
A favorite from my Girl Scout camping days that I liked so much I continued to make it at home had the exotic name of "Glop".

You have to fiddle with the amounts, but it consisted of rice, ground beef, stewed tomatoes, & melted cheese (American or Velveeta type) all glommed together.

It makes great comfort food.

BC:

Check out the link in post #5 above!:ohmy:

One recipe I make is called hamburger stuffing. It's simple. Brown 1-1/2 lbs ground beef. In large bowl mix one bag cubed stuffing (I usually use Pepperidge Farms brand country style) with 4 cans any kind of cream soup. I generally use onion, mushroom, celery and cheese. Add 3 cans milk and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add meat and mix well. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30-45 mins. You can add seasonings if you want or cook your meat with onions and green peppers. Personally, the stuffing comes seasoned enough for my family. It's a quick and easy supper. Serve with a side salad and you have a meal!

One that is good is using Bisquick--Impossible taco pie. On the box there are others too. We used to LOVE it. Top with lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream etc, just like a taco.

My mother used to make one alot like the Johnny Knows It recipe except that it had chopped water chestnuts and tomatoe sauce instead of soup.

What would we Americans do without our beloved ground beef?

Wondering if our international friends make such versatile use of their "mince".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom