"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Casseroles

Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
If you prefer your corn muffins sweeter, then add a few tablespoons of sugar to the cormeal.

CM, no flour?
Guess you could add some flour but I haven't in the past. Sugar in the cornmeal would be good for sweeter but if you were making it Addie it would be sweet enough

Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Maloney View Post
Guess you could add some flour but I haven't in the past. Sugar in the cornmeal would be good for sweeter but if you were making it Addie it would be sweet enough
I will send you my little finger and you can pass it around for dipping it in the batter. Thank you.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

I will send you my little finger and you can pass it around for dipping it in the batter. Thank you.
Funny, but wrong. We are keeping the sharp objects out of your reach Addie!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Funny, but wrong. We are keeping the sharp objects out of your reach Addie!
Good idea considering the kind of day I have had.

Tags
hamburger, pie, recipe

Jiffy hamburger pie We like this :yum: [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"]JIFFY HAMBURGER PIE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 1 Lb. Hamburger 1/4 Lb. pork sausage 1/4 cup Onion, chopped 1 Lg. clove Garlic, chopped 1 can (15oz.) Stewed Tomtoes, drain about 1/2 of the liquid 1 can (15oz.) Whole Kernel Corn, drained 20 - 30 Black Olives, pitted, drained 2 tsp. Chili Powder 1 - 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated (or cheese of your choice) 1 box (8.5oz.) JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix (make per muffin instructions on box ie: 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk) Brown Hamburger & Sausage. Drain. ADD: Onion & Garlic. Cook & Stir until Onion is Soft. ADD: Stewed Tomatoes, Corn, Olives, Chili Powder. Place Mixture In Ungreased 9"x9" baking dish / or / 2 Qt. Casserole Make JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix according to pkg. instructions POUR Mix over the top of the casserole. Does not have to be perfectly spread. Press the muffin mix down into mixture in several spots w/spoon Top w/Grated Cheese BAKE at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, golden brown. eat. smile :yum: 3 stars 1 reviews