Mexican Chicken Casserole- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
We had this for supper last night & it is really good!

1 can(10 3/4oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 can(10 3/4oz) cream of chicken soup
1 can(103/4oz) cheddar cheese soup
1 can(10oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used a can of mild Ro-Tel)
1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, & chopped or 4C leftover cooked chicken (I just bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
1- 11 1/2oz pkg flour tortillas (I couldn't find that size bag of tortillas so I used a 17 1/2 oz bag & had 1 whole one left over)
2C shredded cheddar cheese (I used the pre-shredded Mexican blend)

Combine soups & tomatoes in a large bowl; stir in chicken. Layer flour tortillas & chicken mixture in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish, beginning & ending with tortillas. (I had 3 layers of tortillas & 2 of the chicken) Top with shredded cheese & bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated through.

I topped each serving with sour cream.

Thanks Crewsk! I am going to give this a try this weekend - just what I was looking for.

I think my folks would like this recipe a lot Crews, thanks! I love all the recipe finds that I can pass along to them from DC :)

I remember a neighbor giving this recipe to my mom many many years ago. The only differences are that instead of the cheese soup we use grated sharp cheddar and add chopped olives and onions. As a kid I was amazed at how something you dump all together in a casserole could come out tasting pretty darn close to the way more labor intensive chicken enchiladas! Oh! We used corn tortillas instead of flour too.

I have one too that my boys love. It's almost the same. Cooked chicken, rotel, cream of mushroom, mixed together, and pour over crushed cheese Doritos in a pan and then topped with shredded cheese.

Yours sounds more hardy than mine. I'm gonna have to try this one next weekend. I just read it to my youngest and he said MAKE IT.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom