Mozzarella Meat Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakersDozen

Senior Cook
:) Another old recipe I've made for years!

* Exported from MasterCook *
Mozzarella Meat Pie
Recipe By :Georgene Svoboda - Neighbor
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main Dishes
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped celery
6 ounces tomato paste
4 ounces Mozzarella cheese -- shredded
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Dash pepper
1 can PILLSBURY Refrigerated Crescent rolls

Brown ground beef; drain. Add onion and celery; cook until tender. Add tomato paste, 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese and seasonings. Mix well. Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Place in 9-inch pie plate, pressing perforations together to form a crust. Flute edge. Fill with meat mixture; top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 375° F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serves 6

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 323 Calories; 25g Fat (69.2% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 538mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : This was another big "hit" when my kids were home and still is!
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Don't see why it wouldn't - as a matter of fact I was thinking about doing the same thing, since we don't really eat the crescent rolls.

Bakers Dozen, Thanks for the Mozzarella Meat Pie.

Hi...hope you enjoy the recipe. Its been awhile since I've visited here and posted recipes, but now that I have my computer up and running again I hope to join in daily or as often as I can.

Note: I've never made this using a refrigerated pie crust, but would think it might be ok. Has anyone done this yet? And if so, how was it?

I can attest to this recipe. It is D***ed good! I make it all the time, and I'm lucky if it makes it through a couple of days. It's easy to make (of course I could wish it was easier to put the crescent dough rolls in the pan, but now I've got the knack of doing so with no problem). My brother and I tried adding some cayenne pepper to it to give it a kick, and found that a quarter of a teaspoon works best for us, it gives us that little kick in the back of the mouth and doesn't ruin the taste of the dish at all. This is a keeper for us and I make it about once a month or so. You'll like it.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom