My "Cordon Bleu" casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This was requested by Flour at tonight's dinner thread. I'm happy to share. :chef:

Kayelle's "Cordon Bleu" casserole (low carb)

6 cups cooked chicken, shredded or thinly sliced
4 cups sliced deli ham, cut into bite size pieces
3 cups grated Swiss cheese

Sauce:
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
¼ cup. mayo
¼ cup. heavy cream
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup Parm. Cheese
½ tsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/3 cup chicken broth
A couple of dashes of ground white pepper
Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam and place the chicken on the bottom with the ham on the top.
Blend the sauce ingredients in a blender or with a hand mixer till smooth. Spread over the meat combo and top with the cheese. Bake for about 45 min. till bubbling around the edges. You can use a carefully watched broiler to get more color on the cheese if you wish.
This is quite rich, and would be nice served on a bed of wilted spinach.

Thank you, sounds delicious, and sounds like I need to make it at my house warming gathertogether!

Wow, this sounds good. Thanks, K-L.

I hate to do this, but the only way I can make it and get DW to eat it is to go lowfat everything. Do you think that might work, or it's not worth the effort. Lowfat cream cheese, reduced fat mayo, skim or 1% milk, etc..

buckytom, maybe switch the sauce white stuff (cream cheese, mayo) for a bechamel?

Last edited:
Wow, this sounds good. Thanks, K-L.

I hate to do this, but the only way I can make it and get DW to eat it is to go lowfat everything. Do you think that might work, or it's not worth the effort. Lowfat cream cheese, reduced fat mayo, skim or 1% milk, etc..

Bucky, I've been so focused on low carb cooking for so long, to be honest I don't know if the changes you're thinking about would work or not. Maybe someone else has the answers to your questions.
:chef:

Wow, Kayelle, this is fabulous! And I think I can adapt it so we both can eat it! This is going on the menu plan for next week for sure!

Sounds wonderful and right up my diet alley. Thanks Kayelle! Thought of you today as I was buying Meyer Lemons...

Today, my SousChef said a heated up leftover square of this casserole was a great filling as a sandwich for lunch between two slices of sourdough toast.
I'm thinking it would have been even better as a grilled Pannni with maybe some fresh basil !!

Last edited:
Copied and saved. :)

Added to my list of recipe's I'm going to make when I get untitled.png

This looks really tasty and easy. Also a good way to use up extra chicken and ham.
Thanks for posting it. :flowers:

I'm not much of a wine person but I lean towards red when I do wine.
Any suggestions on substitution or a red that would compliment the dish?

This sounds delicious, Kay! Copied and saved - and I agree with you that leftovers would make a wonderful pannini. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom