REC: Chicken Divan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
CHICKEN DIVAN

And old recipe, but a good one...this is my adaptation.

4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
3 tbl olive oil
2 lbs fresh broccoli, or 1 lb frozen broccoli florets
1 can crm mushroom soup (lowfat)
1 can crm chicken soup (lowfat)
1 can crm celery soup (lowfat)
1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces, drained
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated ( I substituted slices of Velveeta Lite)
2 cups butter flavored crackers, crushed (Ritz reduced fat)

Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Separate broccoli florets. Heat an oven-proof, non-stick skillet till hot, and add olive oil. Add chicken pieces one at a time, moving around in the oil a bit to prevent sticking. Let brown on first side, turn and brown the other. Distribute broccoli florets around chicken and remove from heat. In a bowl, mix together soups, mushrooms and milk. Sread over chicken. Sprinkle first with cracker crumbs, then with with grated cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Serve with buttered noodles, cooked rice, or potatoes.
:chef:

I'm going to be making some of that this weekend except I don't have any broccoli and plan on using French cut green beans.

Hey, does this freeze well? I am thinking I might put up a few things so that when I don't have much time (ball season!) I can toss something in the oven on time bake and we can eat quickly before we run out to the games.

It sure does, Alix. I usually cook extra so I can freeze one. I had a retail greenhouse business for 22 years, and liked to stock up on frozen meals for the busy season, when I didn't have time to spend in the kitchen.

Constance, this looks great. I've copied your recipe and plan to fix it sometime this week for dinner..THANK YOU:)

kadesma

Constance, I will be doing a few of these this week so I can just haul them out when things get nutty here. Thanks so much for this recipe. It looks like a kid pleaser too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom