Tater Tot Casserole/Hotdish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The donut making machine was fascinating!!!

was it a hopper/funnel over a trough of hot oil into which the doughnuts were "pooped", then they traveled along the trough until some fingers emerged and flipped them over to fry on their other sides, eventually making it to golden brown safety?

was it a hopper/funnel over a trough of hot oil into which the doughnuts were "pooped", then they traveled along the trough until some fingers emerged and flipped them over to fry on their other sides, eventually making it to golden brown safety?

They've got one like that here at the state fair. Makes tiny little "Tom Thumb" donuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykp_upHWCfE

My dad turned 83 on the 9th. While I was chatting with him, we discussed hotdish vs casserole, He said his mother never called a hotdish a casserole.

He was planning on making a tuna noodle hotdish for supper (my mom has dementia and he has to do all the cooking and caring for her), but, because we discussed wild rice shrimp casserole, he decided to make that instead, even though no company was coming for dinner (and therein is another discussion, when it is family it is supper, when guests are invited, it is dinner).

Last edited:
My dad turned 83 on the 9th. While I was chatting with him, we discussed hotdish vs casserole, He said his mother never called a hotdish a casserole.

He was planning on making a tuna noodle hotdish for supper (my mom has dementia and he has to do all the cooking and caring for her), but, because we discussed wild rice shrimp casserole, he decided to make that instead, even though no company was coming for dinner (and therein is another discussion, when it is family it is supper, when guests are invited, it is dinner).

Sounds like he is still very much in love with her. God bless him for all his efforts. I can't imagine him allowing her to be taken to a nursing home. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom