"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Casseroles

Old 09-30-2014, 02:10 AM   #81
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
The donut making machine was fascinating!!!

was it a hopper/funnel over a trough of hot oil into which the doughnuts were "pooped", then they traveled along the trough until some fingers emerged and flipped them over to fry on their other sides, eventually making it to golden brown safety?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #82
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
was it a hopper/funnel over a trough of hot oil into which the doughnuts were "pooped", then they traveled along the trough until some fingers emerged and flipped them over to fry on their other sides, eventually making it to golden brown safety?
They've got one like that here at the state fair. Makes tiny little "Tom Thumb" donuts.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:43 AM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

My dad turned 83 on the 9th. While I was chatting with him, we discussed hotdish vs casserole, He said his mother never called a hotdish a casserole.

He was planning on making a tuna noodle hotdish for supper (my mom has dementia and he has to do all the cooking and caring for her), but, because we discussed wild rice shrimp casserole, he decided to make that instead, even though no company was coming for dinner (and therein is another discussion, when it is family it is supper, when guests are invited, it is dinner).
Old 10-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
My dad turned 83 on the 9th. While I was chatting with him, we discussed hotdish vs casserole, He said his mother never called a hotdish a casserole.

He was planning on making a tuna noodle hotdish for supper (my mom has dementia and he has to do all the cooking and caring for her), but, because we discussed wild rice shrimp casserole, he decided to make that instead, even though no company was coming for dinner (and therein is another discussion, when it is family it is supper, when guests are invited, it is dinner).
Sounds like he is still very much in love with her. God bless him for all his efforts. I can't imagine him allowing her to be taken to a nursing home.

Tags
ground beef, recipe, rotel, tater tots

Tater Tot Casserole/Hotdish Cover the bottom of a 13 X 9 casserole dish with tater tots. Place in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Sweat 1 cup diced onion Add 1.5 pounds ground beef (I used 93% lean) and brown. If needed drain off fat Add 2 packages of Chili seasoning and 2 cans of rotel (10oz) cook until most of the moisture has evaporated. Add 1 10oz package of frozen corn. Turn off cooktop. Remove dish from the oven and cover with the beef mixture. Return to oven for 20 minutes. Top with one can of enchilada sauce and 2 cups of shredded cheese. (I used a 4 cheese Mexican blend) Return to oven until the cheese is slightly browned [IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z467/powerplantop/TaterTotFB_zps21dc750f.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews