Tater Tot Casserole/Hotdish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Cover the bottom of a 13 X 9 casserole dish with tater tots. Place in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Sweat 1 cup diced onion
Add 1.5 pounds ground beef (I used 93% lean) and brown.
If needed drain off fat
Add 2 packages of Chili seasoning and 2 cans of rotel (10oz) cook until most of the moisture has evaporated.
Add 1 10oz package of frozen corn.
Turn off cooktop.

Remove dish from the oven and cover with the beef mixture.
Return to oven for 20 minutes. Top with one can of enchilada sauce and 2 cups of shredded cheese. (I used a 4 cheese Mexican blend)
Return to oven until the cheese is slightly browned

img_1389637_0_2ff9e9764f809d7fc9785a6f7dcc041d.jpg

Last edited:
I love that song, Kay. :LOL:

Powerplant, that looks good and 'comfort foody'. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Great pic, too. :)

I would have bet the house that you DIDNT!:mrgreen:

Tater Tots are at the bottom of my personal food pyramid!

I could never forget you. One of the most interesting and fascinating folks I know. I still hear from Ro and Thea every so often. Facebook broke our little group up. I still keep in touch with Nance. Have been to visit her a couple of times. And we talk for hours about twice a month on the phone. I was so glad to have found you here. DC is most fortunate to have you as a member. :angel:

Last edited:
Cover the bottom of a 13 X 9 casserole dish with tater tots. Place in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Sweat 1 cup diced onion
Add 1.5 pounds ground beef (I used 93% lean) and brown.
If needed drain off fat
Add 2 packages of Chili seasoning and 2 cans of rotel (10oz) cook until most of the moisture has evaporated.
Add 1 10oz package of frozen corn.
Turn off cooktop.

Remove dish from the oven and cover with the beef mixture.
Return to oven for 20 minutes. Top with one can of enchilada sauce and 2 cups of shredded cheese. (I used a 4 cheese Mexican blend)
Return to oven until the cheese is slightly browned

img_1389775_0_2ff9e9764f809d7fc9785a6f7dcc041d.jpg
Sounds like a spicy up-side down cottage pie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom