The Tuna Casserole - Revisited - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Haven't made a Tuna casserole in eons. Since it's been too hot to futz around in the kitchen (& not a big fan of canned soup), gave this a go.

Lemony Tuna & Pasta

Made a few alterations - added lemon pepper seasoning, steamed asparagus cut on the diagonal, & a handful of shredded Jack cheese. If you have a couple of cans of salmon hanging around, that's another way to go (w/o the cheese).

Tuna casserole

:chef: This morning I'm making my tuna-noodle casserole. I haven't made it in quite some time and I love tuna fish. I'm using sour cream today instead of Cream of Mushroom soup. I hope that it turns out okay.:chef:

Can't say that I have ever made tuna casserole. Seems like I remember my mom making it. Maybe something I need to try?

How did I not see this before?? Looks delish Amy! Thanks for sharing!!:chef::chef:

and I really like your suggestions I'll def include those in the recipe! Thanks!

Is there any way of accessing Amy's recipe without having to register with Better Homes & Gardens? Is it short enough that perhaps, Amy, you could PM it to me?

I love tuna fish!~

Tuna Noodle is one of my favorites and is my son's favorite dish, I kid you not! When I used to prepare "his meal" on his Birthday, he chose Tuna Noodle! To the gentleman who said he was making it with sour cream...instead of Cr. of Mushroom soup, I would add sour cream but I would not leave the soup out. I wouldn't think it would have any flavor. :( I would be interested in how it turns out....

Needs Cream of Mushroom soup!

Tuna Noodle is one of my favorites and is my son's favorite dish, I kid you not! When I used to prepare "his meal" on his Birthday, he chose Tuna Noodle! To the gentleman who said he was making it with sour cream...instead of Cr. of Mushroom soup, I would add sour cream but I would not leave the soup out. I wouldn't think it would have any flavor. :( I would be interested in how it turns out....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:chef: I was very disappointed in my tuna-noodle casserole. Substituting sour cream for Cream of Mushroom soup was a mistake. I also substituted shredded Cheddar for grated Parmesan cheese. Another mistake. :chef:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:chef: I was very disappointed in my tuna-noodle casserole. Substituting sour cream for Cream of Mushroom soup was a mistake. I also substituted shredded Cheddar for grated Parmesan cheese. Another mistake. :chef:
yeah, the Mushroom Soup is the flavor in that casserole. Well, besides the tuna.. I do add sour cream tho. I'm sorry for your casserole. Mine is simple:
One can Tuna, shredded
Package of al dente cooked, wide noodles
one can of Mushroom soup
about 3/4 cup of sour cream

I saute' onions in butter and add to the rest. Sprinkle shredded American cheese (quite a bit) on top. Yummmm.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom