TNT Tasty Chicken & Rice Casserole - EASY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
This is easy & yummy. Even my son who hates cheese
loves it (don't tell him there's cheese soup in it!)

:chef: Tasty Chicken & Rice Casserole
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut up
1 cup sliced fresh portabello mushrooms
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 bag frozen peas, thawed
4 cups cooked instant rice
1 can pepper jack soup (Campbells)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can (6oz) chopped green chiles

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat 1 min. Add chicken and cook until browned and done.

Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in baking dish. Top with mushrooms. Spoon celery soup over mushrooms. Top with peas and rice. Spoon pepper jack cheese soup over top & finish with a sprinkling of chiles.
Bake 20 min. or until hot & bubbly.

1 can pepper jack soup (Campbells)

I have never seen this jkath. What would be an appropriate substitute here? Mushroom with pepper jack cheese? or Cheddar cheese soup with jack cheese?

You can also use Campbell's other cheese soup (I think it's Nacho Cheese) -
you know how campbell's is - they've got about a bizillion different soups!

jkath, your son doesn't like cheese? The poor kid must think that he's living in a cheese store! :rolleyes: What brand of Fontina do you buy? I bought some last week and the only brand they had was Denmark's Finest.

Otter! You're back!
I thought of you the other day when I bought some boursin with garlic & herbs :)

As for fontina (or any other for that matter)...I don't go for brands, so much as where I buy it (Whole Foods, Trader Joes & a wonderful Italian Deli).

and yeah, my older son does think cheese is awful. He loves pizza, and doesn't mind the mozerella, but even if I put it on anything else, I get "the look", followed by "do I hafta eat THAT? Of course, the little one would rather have a grilled cheese sandwich over most other foods....go figure...

I got some cookbooks for Christmas and spent January and February trying new things - and gaining 8 pounds. I've lost 3 of them and am working on the other 5. We don't have much variety where I live, so I have to settle for what's available. I'd bought a brand of Fontina and liked it. It wasn't there this time and I couldn't remember the name so I couldn't ask for it. I'm hoping I also like Denmark's Finest.

I'm sure you'll like the new fontina too - fontina is just wonderful!

I'm looking into figuring out a good cheese sauce - one that's quite mild, possibly with a hint of nutmeg & diced portabellos in it. any ideas?

Alix said:
Otter and bucky, thanks so much for clarifying all of this for me. I am going to try it tonight too. I got some LOVELY asparagus and maybe if I wrap it in meat my kids will eat it! LOL! Happy Easter to you both.
Mine came out awesome. My dad liked it so well that he is demanding my mother make it for him. :mrgreen: Wrapping that paper-thin Prosciutto is a pain, but the end result makes it worth the effort. I added some Fontina and it melted just right. Hope yours came out well.

Cool. Thanks jkath. For anyone looking for our former asparagus discussion I moved it to veggies.

Sounds like a good recipe to try, not sure if my 2 younger ones will like it, but it's always worth a try. I haven't seen this soup here either, I'll do some calling around to see if one of the stores around here carries it. :)

jkath,

just spotted this recipe...Thanks, I love rice and this looks so good..Will try soon and thanks again.
kadesma:)

Oh, I forgot to add, I'm sending this recipe to my mom too. She & my dad are on a diet & she's always looking for recipes that are tasty & can be easily converted to low fat & this looks loke it would be easy enough to do that with this one. I'm so proud of her! She's lost 19 1/2 pounds in about 3 months!! I don't know how much my dad has lost but I do know he needs to get some new pants, the ones he's wering now are all saggy lookin'!:LOL:

jkath said:
so glad to see it was a hit, Crewsk! I'm so proud of your mom as well!

Kadesma, I've missed you!
I missed you too..Had a long run of illness, new babies to tend to, computer just a royal pain...Needless to say I'm so happy to be well and be back.
hugs,
kadesma:)

JKATH!!!!!!!!!!!! that looks sooooooooo GOOD! I can't wait to try it.

Missed you too, kadesma, or should I say "mom"!

Hope you are feeling better! How are the grandbabies?

Zo - let me know if you try it - super easy!
Also, it's even better with lots of slices of a good ripe avocado on top (after baking, but you know, avos are good cooked for the last 2 minutes too)

jkath said:
Missed you too, kadesma, or should I say "mom"!

Hope you are feeling better! How are the grandbabies?

Zo - let me know if you try it - super easy!
Also, it's even better with lots of slices of a good ripe avocado on top (after baking, but you know, avos are good cooked for the last 2 minutes too)
Mom of course:) I have my hands full now , three grandsons to tend to:shock: It's fun but keeps me busy, Cade the oldest, and my blond green eyed boy'O is getting ready at 4-1/2 to give kindergarten a try, Ethan, iis blue eyed and I mean huge long lashed blue eyed is all of 10 months...Carson looks much like his brother Cade , but since he is only 1 month old, his eyes are still slate grey blue...Ethan has now started to WALK!!! Sorry you asked:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And I'm feeling pretty good now...Hope all is well with you..
kadesma:mellow:

They sound wonderful!
My first son walked at 8-1/2 months (I was the dumb mom who pushed him into it! Well, that, and he had no body fat, so there was nothing to keep him down), so I know how it feels! (my MIL kept joking that we should put a brick in his diaper to keep him in one place.)

Wow! A kindergartener! and a tiny baby too! How wonderful it must be!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom