Anyone own or know of Versaware Crock Pot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauline46

Assistant Cook
I bought a Rival Versa-Ware Crock pot a year or so ago. I have used it 4 times. Yesterday being the 4th time. I am still waiting on my Boston Baked Beans to be done. I went by the recipe and put them on low for 14 hours. Still not done, now it is 10 1/2 hours later :ohmy:than that and I don't think they are done. I just checked about an hour ago. :dry:

This crock pot seems to be failing me. :( This is my first experience with Crock Pots too......anyone have any comments?

BTW, great site!! :)

I assume you are using dried beans. Did you soak them overnight first?

I don't know what kind of beans you're using but when I make lima bean soup I don't soak them first. I never did when I cooked them on the stovetop either. I put them in the crockpot, add onion, ham bone and water to cover. I cook for 10 hours on low and they are completely done. There may be something wrong with your crockpot or your beans are stale. I can't help any further. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Barb

Lima Beans and even Navy Beans are easier to do than other beans that are much harder, especially after they get older. It's hard to predict sometimes with kidney or pinto beans. Each package seems different.

I would actually test the slow cooker out on something simpler, like soup or stew, and see how well it heats it up after a couple hours.

Hello Barb and Mcnerd!

Yes I did soak the navy beans overnight. I am starting to think the beans could have been too old. I thought beans lasted forever! LOL

Thanks for your help.

They do last forever, but like old men they can become tough and hard to deal with. :LOL:

There could still be something wrong with the slow cooker so you should try something more liquid in it, but usually when the element goes it is the whole thing.

ahhhhhh now I get it!!! I was waiting for them to soften up and they wouldn't.......ha ha ha ha ......

Grocery List: Navy beans

Back
Top Bottom