Crockpot Mac & Cheese Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The precooked pasta recipe.. According to the single, "I made this" comment, the texture was very good..

I often check comments if something strikes me as odd... Unfortunately, most comments fall under the "I need to make this" area... I enjoy comments from people who have done so best..

Ross

I have made mac and cheese in a dutch oven - sort of similar to a crock pot and it came out well with uncooked noodles. The recipe include evaporated milk and was on the custardy side when done. it was pretty good but as I recall looked absolutely horrid right through the cooking process until the very end when it came together nicely.

This recipe is similar to the version I have made although I would spice it up a bit...
How To Make Mac and Cheese in the Slow Cooker | Kitchn

The raw pasta recipe should have more liquid in it to cook the noodles that's where I find the difference usually or the high low setting. It could also be close to a minimum time for both. It is a slow cooker and while 2hrs for pasta maybe slow as a slow cooker meal that's short so it may take that time to cook through the amount of food to temperature raw or cooked.
Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom