HELP! totally messed up my soup/rice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorena_m83

Assistant Cook
I was trying to work today with our thanksgiving leftovers (yeah still lots left haha) was trying to make a turkey/rice soup put 4 cups of rice, chopped turkey, 1 can of stir fry vegetables, spices, and like 5-6 cups of water/broth mix. Tastes really good, but some of my rice its completely raw! I tried to moved it to the stove and it was just burning in the bottom and the rice that was cooked became all mushy, now I have almost a full crock-pot with turkey, and half of my rice cook and the other raw, any ideas on how can I fix it or how can I make something else out of it? I was thinking maybe some "meatballs" but will that help to cook the rice that's still raw???

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

For the future: In general, you never want to cook anything with rice. You approach turkey rice soup as 1. Making rice from beginning to end (however much rice you think you'll need) by itself. 2. Making the soup broth with the meat, vegetables and spices. After each is finished cooking, you then bring them together just as you are serving. Do not mix the rice in with the soup on the stove. It's mixed together with the soup in the individual serving bowl. And when you refrigerate the leftovers, they go into the fridge in individual containers in order to keep the rice at it's best consistency. If it stays in the soup, it turns to mush.

I don't know that there is much that can be done to save your dinner.

Mushy rice... burnt rice... uncooked rice... all mixed with everything else... in my opnion, it's pretty much of a total loss. Maybe someone else has an idea, but all I can do is help you not let it happen again.

sounds like too much rice and not enough liquid. One cup of rice in that amount of soup would be more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom