ISO slow cooker Curry recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janemurphy

Assistant Cook
I'd like to cook a beef or lamb curry in my slow cooker, but I don't have a recipe for a good one. I've been Googling it, but I'd really love it if someone could suggest a good recipe they have. I don't mind it being spicy and I'd prefer an Indian curry.

I'd like to cook a beef or lamb curry in my slow cooker, but I don't have a recipe for a good one. I've been Googling it, but I'd really love it if someone could suggest a good recipe they have. I don't mind it being spicy and I'd prefer an Indian curry.

a slow cooker (crock pot) is an excellent way of cooking some Indian dishes, of which there are hundreds which could be called curries (though not in India!).

Look at recipes for traditional dishes like kormas*, which are braises (long slow low-heat cooking). Rogan josh is one such korma which I've cooked using a slow cooker :>

Note, you will have to use tougher cuts of meat which end up 'melt in the mouth', but you probably already know that ;) In India, rogan josh is made with mutton, which is a euphamism for goat, but lamb works well, if kept 'on the bone'. You could try recipes for shab deg, in India this dish is cooked over-night, and eaten for breakfast!!

*note, a korma is not the insipidly sweet, mild coconut-laden dish sold in so-called 'Indian restaurants', it is a whole range of dishes (including dopiazs and rezalas), some of which can contain significant quantities of chillies. All are meat dishes, usually 'lamb', but some are chicken.
HTH

Back
Top Bottom