ISO Slow cooker easy dinners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes:

-3 lbs. chicken, cut up (thighs are really good)
-salt and pepper
-1/2 cup chopped green onions (use 1/4 cup in the crockpot while cooking and then use the rest for garnish on the noodles)
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-1/4 cup dry white wine (you could substitute chicken broth)
-1/2 cup water
1/2 cup honey

Salt and pepper chicken...place in crockpot. Combine onion, soy sauce, wine and water. Pour over chicken.

Cover and cook on low for 3+ hours until chicken is tender. I think one time it took 4 hours as the chicken pieces were really big. Remove chicken and arrange on broiler pan. Brush with honey and broil until golden brown. Brush with honey several times.

I like to serve this with egg noodles that have been lightly buttered and splashed with soy sauce and sesame seeds. A little sesame oil is good too.

The honey makes it wonderfully sticky and good! :chef:

i think im gonna try and make this for sunday dinner.

Oh Kitchenelf this looks sooooo good! I even have all the ingredients.....except I only have bonless thighs, you think that would make a difference?

Thanks for the recipe!

Just edited this--had to make sure not to break copyright

I've got a chops recipe for you:

Pork Chops with orange sauce

2 acorn squash
1 large onion sliced in rings (I like to add a little extra onion to mine)
6 pork chops
1/2 c chicken broth
1/3 c orange marmalade
1 tbsp Dijon mustard (actually, I always put in triple that because I love the flavor so much)
1 tsp dried marjoram (I always put extra of that as well, or use fresh)
1/4 tsp black pepper (extra pepper too)

Cut squash into wedges (It's easier if you stab a few holes in it with a fork and microwave it for 2 or 3 minutes. I also like to peel it but it takes forever. It comes right off after you cook it but sometimes you end up eating it). Line the wedges on the bottom of the pot and place the onion rings on tip. Place the chops on top of the veggies. In a small bowl stir together broth, marmalade, mustard, marjoram, and pepper and pour it on top of the chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 -3 hours. Watch it close because you don't want it to dry up or burn. Make sure you keep it moist. You can make a sauce out of the juices if you want, but I like it as-is.

Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes.

2 acorn squash
6 pork chops
1/2 c chicken broth
1/3 c orange marmalade
1 tbsp Dijon mustard (actually, I always put in triple that because I love the flavor so much)

Cut squash into wedges (It's easier if you stab a few holes in it with a fork and microwave it for 2 or 3 minutes. I also like to peel it but it takes forever. It comes right off after you cook it but sometimes you end up eating it). Line the wedges on the bottom of the pot and place the onion rings on tip. Place the chops on top of the veggies. In a small bowl stir together broth, marmalade, mustard, marjoram, and pepper and pour it on top of the chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 -3 hours. Watch it close because you don't want it to dry up or burn. Make sure you keep it moist. You can make a sauce out of the juices if you want, but I like it as-is.

thanx b'sgirl..

sounds dang good.

Aria's Lemon Chicken

2 to 3 pounds ready-to-cook chicken (thigs,wings, breasts,your choice)
1/4 cup flour
2 tlbs cooking oil
1 6-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate,thawed
3 tlbs brown sugar
3tlbs catsup
l tlbs vinegar
2 tlbs cold water
2 tlbs cornstarch

Combine flour salt, coat chicken chicken
Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot oil.
Transfer to a crockery cooker
Stir together the lemonade concentrate, brown sugar,catsup and vinegar
pour over chicken.

Cook on high heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.

2 acorn squash
6 pork chops
1/2 c chicken broth
1/3 c orange marmalade

Looks great! I will try this one for sure. Thanks.

This Hawaiian style pork roast is marinated with bananas and other seasonings, then cooked in the crockpot. Ingredients:

• 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3-4 lbs)
  • 4 teaspoons liquid smoke
  • 4 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 2 ripe bananas, unpeeled
  • 1/2 cup water
Preparation:

Place the pork roast on a 22" x 18" piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine liquid smoke and the soy sauce; sprinkle over the roast. Wash the unpeeled bananas and place one on each side of the pork roast. Pull sides of foil up around pork roast; add water and seal foil tightly; wrap again with another large piece of foil. Place in a shallow baking pan or bowl; refrigerate overnight, turning several times. Place the foil-wrapped meat in crockpot; cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Drain and discard bananas and the juices. Shred meat with fork to serve.

Don't forget to look up some chocolate desserts on the "net". A friend makes one and I'll have to get the recipe from her - OMG - it's a sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be close but she also puts some Kahlua in hers too. OMG - you'll hate me for sure! :LOL:

Don't forget to look up some chocolate desserts on the "net". A friend makes one and I'll have to get the recipe from her - OMG - it's a sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be close but she also puts some Kahlua in hers too. OMG - you'll hate me for sure! :LOL:

wait wait wait, kahlua in chocolate?

All those over the age of (none of your business) know about kahlua in chocolate!!!!! We ran out of sins and had to start some new ones!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I think im not understanding what kalua is, is kalua pork or is it something that goes with pork?

LOL, i knew it. I was confused. So Kahlua pork is pork with coffee liquor. Like Hawaiian kahlua pork.

No, two different things. Kalua is the pork, Kahlua is the liqueur (liqueur is different than liquor too). Kalua pork is a method of cooking wherin the pork is buried in an underground "oven", having nothing to do with the coffee-flavored liqueur.

There will be a test at the end of the day - you just thought school was out! :LOL:

No, two different things. Kalua is the pork, Kahlua is the liqueur (liqueur is different than liquor too). Kalua pork is a method of cooking wherin the pork is buried in an underground "oven", having nothing to do with the coffee-flavored liqueur.

There will be a test at the end of the day - you just thought school was out! :LOL:

DANG GIRL, are you kidding me... LOL out of billions and billions of names and letters, they came up with Kalua and Kahlua and liqueur and liquor. they could have used Kah-moo-a or something like that so it doesnt sound so dang simular.

Oh i also need to talk to you about my smoker, again... this time i have pics..

DANG GIRL, are you kidding me... LOL out of billions and billions of names and letters, they came up with Kalua and Kahlua and liqueur and liquor. they could have used Kah-moo-a or something like that so it doesnt sound so dang simular.

I'm all ready for some smoker talk!!!!! Anytime! Start the thread, or PM me, either way.

Also, what all have you made in your crockpot?

I'm all ready for some smoker talk!!!!! Anytime! Start the thread, or PM me, either way.

Also, what all have you made in your crockpot?

well a few days ago we, as in mom and i, made soem sort of pork chop dinner. she threw in some left over scalloped potatoes, onions, wishasheer sauce(not sure how to spell it), a lil brown gravy and some packet of white wine and herb seasoning from the store, and the chops. turned out pretty good. tonight i am going shopping for pulled pork marnatied with banana and, if i can find it at the store, hawaiian sea salt.

let me get my pics all scaled down and ill pm you.

well a few days ago we, as in mom and i, made soem sort of pork chop dinner. she threw in some left over scalloped potatoes, onions, wishasheer sauce(not sure how to spell it), a lil brown gravy and some packet of white wine and herb seasoning from the store, and the chops. turned out pretty good. tonight i am going shopping for pulled pork marnatied with banana and, if i can find it at the store, hawaiian sea salt.

let me get my pics all scaled down and ill pm you.

That pulled pork will need to cook for 10 to 12 hours - just a "time" warning. I will look forward to the pics!

Man, LT. First you are talking about liquor and coffee and now you are asking about smokers? I thought you were Mormon like me! :LOL::LOL: (I hope that was common knowledge and you don't mind me saying it). You do have a point with the names though. From now on we can have pork Kah-moo-a.

For those who don't know, Mormons don't smoke or drink coffee or alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom