My First Ever Slow Cooker Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG--the pork roast was SO GOOD. I subbed out one cup of the milk for buttermilk...added fresh sage, thyme, strained the "juice" to get rid of the curds...yum-yum-yum. I am sure this recipe could be done in a crock pot. So very tender...worth a try folks!

CWS4322 said:
When I make buttermilk chicken, I marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge in 1 qt buttermilk in a big ziplock bag. I don't brown it. Then I add about 1 c or so more buttermilk to the CP. I add rosemary (fresh) let it cook on low for about 6-8 hours (until it is done). The buttermilk makes amazing gravy.

That sounds awesome, CWS. I'll have to try it with boneless skinless CB. I have powdered buttermilk, would that work?

I don't know--but I think if you treat the powdered buttermilk like powdered soy milk where you rehydrate it the night before and use a hand mixer/wand to blend before you add it, it should work. I use powdered bm for baking, but for the chicken recipe I buy buttermilk...for the milk pork, powdered bm should work.

I am giving the strained curds to the chickens...I'm sure they will like them....gotta love hiaving "pigs with feathers" to which to feed kitchen scraps!

Last edited:
Iv got the slow cooker in action again this time for beef stew! I have it on already so it's a bit late to let me know I have it all wrong but feedback welcomed!

Stewing beef (browned)
Carrots
Potatoes
Garlic
Worchester sauce
Beef stock
Veg stock
Thyme
Parsley
A Dallop of Hp sauce!

I often don't add thickener at all. Or, as Kayelle said, potato flakes.

Your stew sounds great!

Last edited:
i love my CP! i make roasts for lunch meat, stewed chickens, entire turkey breasts, stews and beans with mine. it always makes the whole house smell good while its cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom