New slow cooker - pulled pork help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I have a small pork roast (end piece), I actually cut it off from a bigger roast that I cooked last week and froze it.

Anyways, I bought this mccormicks seasoning mix that you mix with ketchup,brown sugar and a few other things. You just pour that over the pork and let cook on low for up to 9 hours and than use 2 forks to make it into pulled pork and than put back in for a few minutes back into the sauce.

My question is, since this is a brand new crock pot (6 quart) - should I still aim to keep it in there for that long? How will I know if it's pulled pork material? What if it never becomes pulled pork?

I'm sure it will be fine, if you doubt the doneness just open it up and check it. Add an extra hour if it's not done, since you opened the lid.

ok was just worried because most people say newer crock pots are done in 1/2 the time than recommended recipe and I don't want it to dry out.

Lots of "IF's" in our world, but the performance of your new slow cooker is not one of them. Have faith. It will perform flawlessly and after 8-10 hours ANY meat is going to fall apart and be the best you've ever tasted.

Which reminds me, I've got a huge roast on special from the store that will be going into mine in about 30 minutes. Yummmm!

PS -- Drying out is the last thing you will ever see happen in a slow cooker.

Yum. :) Sounds tasty guys! I should go pick up some stuff for the slow cooker. Nick is gone for a month and it's just moi and the meow-meows.

Back
Top Bottom