"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Slow Cookers

Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
Nope, not this time .. I want to see how it'll come out, I haven't tried making a soup/stew w/o browning the meat before.

pic of it slow cooking
I'm looking forward to hearing the results. I'll let you know where to send the leftovers later.

Barbara

Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Hehe okies Barb

About an 50min into the slow cooker on High...starting to smell like a Pho restaurant

Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
2 hours into Soup/Stew ... it is smelling so good. Set Cooker to Low now, gona let it simmer/cook on Low for another hour or two.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Hmmmm...suck down some of the broth, this is very good!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
Senior Cook

...The Low on this cooker is kinda like High & Low. The High was very very hot to the touch, and Low was also hot, but not as "cool" as the old cooker.

If this cooker had a "warm" I would guess this would be like a "Low" + alil lower temp.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Rival crock pot supposedly does not get too hot. don't know I have one of the old ones and I'm hanging on to it. The new ones boil things even at low setting.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #17
Senior Cook

For S&Gs I got newer one about 3/4 full of water & measured the temp on Low & High. On Low I got a temp of just over 140*f .. and on High I was getting at least or just slightly below 212*f (my meat thermometer stopped at 190*f) .. plus when I took off the lid the water was bubbling slightly.

Rival Crockpot: Stoneware Slow Cooker, model 3150, 135watt & 210watt
Old 05-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #18
Senior Cook

I just found out that the older (circa 1984) Rival 3150 had wattages of 120 & 210.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Old is best

..hi i have owned new high end slow cookers ....gave them to the kids ....started the hunt for west bend cooker the one with the heating element seperate form a medal pot which you can brown meat in same pot ...had one many years ago ....loved every min of useing it ...found it on e-bay ....there still asking a healthy price....
Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
Master Chef

I broke my old pot, dropped it. Got the new one, it is total disaster. I need the food to cook for at least 20 hours or so, on hot it burns completely, on low it still burns, on keep warm it is beraly warm, and definitely not cooked proparly

Tags
None