Old vs New slow cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something to note about the differences between some older crock pots to the newer ones is the placement of the heating element. The older ones had the heating element on the bottom of the pot while most new ones have the heating element that goes around the pot. With it going around the pot you need to fill it usually to a certain level mentioned in your owner's manual. If you have an older one with the heating element at the bottom you don't have to fill it to a certain level to use it.

I have both and older and newer crock pot. The older model has a removeable glass pot and the outer pot is a non stick deep fat fryer. The plug is one where you can actually set the temperature. The newer one is one of the Rival ovals with a removeable glass pot and the inside is just a thin metal that you don't cook in.

I broke my old pot, dropped it. Got the new one, it is total disaster. I need the food to cook for at least 20 hours or so, on hot it burns completely, on low it still burns, on keep warm it is beraly warm, and definitely not cooked proparly
Check your local Thrift Stores for your old broken one. I've seen many old & new slow cookers at: Goodwill, Value Village, Salvation Army. Or search eBay too .. maybe Craigslist.

Anywho .. I am tempted to try and take apart one of the New ones I find at Goodwill, and see if I can lower the 'Low' cooking temperature. I am guessing it's done by resistors, which I can just solder in a higher value one, there by lowering the temperature.

Check your local Thrift Stores for your old broken one. I've seen many old & new slow cookers at: Goodwill, Value Village, Salvation Army. Or search eBay too .. maybe Craigslist.

Thank you. Unfortunately I would not buy an used pot.

Back
Top Bottom