Question on cooking time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJean

Assistant Cook
I found a recipe for pork chops with potatoes and sauerkraut. It calls for 5-6 medium russet potatoes, sliced; 3 cans of Bavarian sauerkraut and 5-6 boneless chops. It also says to cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours, that doesn't sound right to me. Wouldn't it be cooked on low for that length of time.

Yes, it should definitely be cooked on low. I would think it would be done in less than six hours, too. I would suggest using a roast rather than chops, to prevent overcooking the pork.

Yes, low. I'm assuming you mean in the crockpot?

Just made a nice juicy pork roast in the CP a few days ago, low worked perfectly.

Last edited:
I already bought the chops so I have to go with them but I'll cut back on the cooking time. Thanks so much and have a wonderful new year every one.

Thanks so much, I didn't think high sounded right. I've already bought the chops so I have to go with that but I'll cut back on the cooking time as suggested. Hope every one has a safe new years eve and a wonderful new year.

I have a wonderful recipe for pork chops, potatoes and sauerkraut. Here's the link >>>http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/ms-mofets-pork-chops-and-sauerkraut-92696.html

Step by step instructions and pictures cooked on top of stove.

IMG_1589.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to thank everyone again for their help. My pork chops turned out great, they were so tender I could cut them with a fork (never had that happen before) so my daughter and I were extremely happy with our good luck dinner for New Years day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom