"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Slow Cookers
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Question Time and temp for electric roaster

I am new at this and also cooking for a group of people..I need advise on how to cook a 14lb top sirloin roast in a electric roaster. I been told to have it like 250 degrees, but how long and will it be good. I have 2 of them to cook and dont wanna ruin them, thanks, nick

nicenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
Assistant Cook
I think that is too low. I think an electric roaster is like an oven--at least my mother's was. When I cook a TOP sirloin roast (this is what you would cut up for sirloin steak--very tender) I cook it at 350* to an internal temp of 130* with a resting period of 45 minutes for that size. It will take maybe 3 hours, especially in an electric roaster where the efficiency of heat retention is not as great--but I would check it beginning at 2 hours.
You will not get two in at the same time, I am sure.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote