11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
TNT Corned Beef and Cabbage for the Crock-pot
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) corned beef brisket, with seasonings packet
- 2 cups apple juice
- 8 pieces cabbage, thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 5 to 6-1/2 quart slow cooker. Top with corned beef brisket; sprinkle with contents of seasoning packet. Add apple juice and enough water to just cover brisket.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 10 to 12 hours.
- About 40 minutes before serving, remove beef from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add cabbage wedges to vegetables and broth in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes longer or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all horseradish sauce ingredients; mix well.
- To serve, cut corned beef across grain into thin slices. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables from slow cooker.
- Serve corned beef and vegetables with sauce
A little kindness goes a long way.