Why should I use my slow cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think some are misunderstanding and taking too literally what I posted about my husband's and my objection and, to be frank, downright aversion to the end result of just about every recipe we've tried with the various slow cookers we've purchased over the years.

It's not an "off" flavor or a dirty or "muddy" flavor as in residue left in the pot or a spoiled taste or anything like that. It's just that we tend to like very distinct, fresh, and bright flavors.

And when you listen to or read advice from slow cooker experts (cookbook writers, etc.), you should notice that much of it is precisely how to avoid the problem.

Plus, to achieve flavors or results that we WOULD like seemed to involve steps and procedures that seemed counter to the whole "easy" or "one-step" selling point. So what then was the point, we asked ourselves.

So we just came to the conclusion that we didn't need an appliance that was inherently a problem that needs to be solved. Each to his own, and if you love you the results you get, that's what matters.

I love my crockpot. You can even get liners so that the clean up is even easier. My favorite thing to make in it is pulled pork. I think I will make that soon since I have a pork roast in my freezer!

Back
Top Bottom