15 year old whose favourite place is the kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeydewdarling

Assistant Cook
I'm 15 and I love to cook and bake! My mom got me into preparing food when I was little and it's become my greatest passion. I love trying new recipes and making my own creations. I've much to learn and I'm hoping to gain knowledge and inspiration from connecting with other food-lovers on this app. [emoji492]

Welcome to DC honeydew!

So tell us, which do you prefer, baking or cooking? Your favourite recipe? Your, LOL, latest failure? or biggest success?

Congrats to your mum for getting you started early. In this age of quick meals already prepared and frozen, it's good to hear someone who loves to be in the kitchen.

Ask away! Someone here is bound to know the answer. Or at least think they do... ahem, moi?

Welcome to DC honeydew!

So tell us, which do you prefer, baking or cooking? Your favourite recipe? Your, LOL, latest failure? or biggest success?

Congrats to your mum for getting you started early. In this age of quick meals already prepared and frozen, it's good to hear someone who loves to be in the kitchen.

Ask away! Someone here is bound to know the answer. Or at least think they do... ahem, moi?
Thanks for replying! Gosh, it's almost impossible to choose between cooking and baking, so I'll just say that I prefer baking as a stress-reliever since the process of measuring each ingredient exactly and waiting for the food to bake while I enjoy the glorious smell coming from the oven is so therapeutic to me, and I like to cook when I'm feeling creative, since it's easier to experiment with different ingredients and flavours. I can't choose a favourite recipe; there are just so many; but one that sticks out is my favourite recipe for good old chocolate chip cookies. I know it by heart and making them always brings me joy. My most recent failure is probably cauliflower breadsticks - I'm not sure if what I did wrong but they didn't turn out anything like "bread," more like pureed cauliflower that was crispy on the top and covered with cheese. It was certainly edible, but not what I was going for. A big success was zucchini lasagna, a recipe I was pretty sceptical about and was pleasantly surprised to dicover was delicious! I did not expect this, but I didn't miss the pasta (one of my favorite foods). Yes, my mom is the most important person in my life and I'm so grateful to have her as a mentor. Thanks so much for offering your advice; I'll be sure to hit you up if any questions arise!
Welcome to DC honeydew!

Welcome to DC. Why does your profile say you are 47 years old?
Your post got me to reading The Rules again, to refresh my memory. No age restrictions here, so I would guess that having Mom create a profile so that someone 15 years of age could participate would not be an issue. :ermm: I did the math in case the last two digits in the year of birth were transposed - nope, the answer would be "20". :huh: Makes you want to go "hmmm"...

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. I don't. Age, is it a really relevant detail? It doesn't seem to be very important, it isn't, at least to me.

I have no issue with teens on this site. We've had others before. I am curious about the discrepancy.

Your post got me to reading The Rules again, to refresh my memory. No age restrictions here, so I would guess that having Mom create a profile so that someone 15 years of age could participate would not be an issue. :ermm: I did the math in case the last two digits in the year of birth were transposed - nope, the answer would be "20". :huh: Makes you want to go "hmmm"...
I swear that was completely accidental. I'm so bad with technology and I hadn't realized the age wasn't right. Thanks for pointing out my mistake! I'll try to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom