"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

15 year old whose favourite place is the kitchen

I'm 15 and I love to cook and bake! My mom got me into preparing food when I was little and it's become my greatest passion. I love trying new recipes and making my own creations. I've much to learn and I'm hoping to gain knowledge and inspiration from connecting with other food-lovers on this app.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Welcome!

Old 08-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
Head Chef

Welcome to DC honeydew!

So tell us, which do you prefer, baking or cooking? Your favourite recipe? Your, LOL, latest failure? or biggest success?

Congrats to your mum for getting you started early. In this age of quick meals already prepared and frozen, it's good to hear someone who loves to be in the kitchen.

Ask away! Someone here is bound to know the answer. Or at least think they do... ahem, moi?
Old 08-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi! .
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
Welcome!
Thank you!☺
Old 08-25-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

This should be a good place for you.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Welcome to DC honeydew!

So tell us, which do you prefer, baking or cooking? Your favourite recipe? Your, LOL, latest failure? or biggest success?

Congrats to your mum for getting you started early. In this age of quick meals already prepared and frozen, it's good to hear someone who loves to be in the kitchen.

Ask away! Someone here is bound to know the answer. Or at least think they do... ahem, moi?
Thanks for replying! Gosh, it's almost impossible to choose between cooking and baking, so I'll just say that I prefer baking as a stress-reliever since the process of measuring each ingredient exactly and waiting for the food to bake while I enjoy the glorious smell coming from the oven is so therapeutic to me, and I like to cook when I'm feeling creative, since it's easier to experiment with different ingredients and flavours. I can't choose a favourite recipe; there are just so many; but one that sticks out is my favourite recipe for good old chocolate chip cookies. I know it by heart and making them always brings me joy. My most recent failure is probably cauliflower breadsticks - I'm not sure if what I did wrong but they didn't turn out anything like "bread," more like pureed cauliflower that was crispy on the top and covered with cheese. It was certainly edible, but not what I was going for. A big success was zucchini lasagna, a recipe I was pretty sceptical about and was pleasantly surprised to dicover was delicious! I did not expect this, but I didn't miss the pasta (one of my favorite foods). Yes, my mom is the most important person in my life and I'm so grateful to have her as a mentor. Thanks so much for offering your advice; I'll be sure to hit you up if any questions arise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Welcome to DC honeydew!

Old 08-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBird View Post
This should be a good place for you.
I agree! Everyone seems so passionate and I'm so excited to learn and connect with others ☺
Old 08-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Hi! .
Hey!
Old 08-25-2017, 04:52 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking You sound pretty knowledgeable for a 15-year-old. Good for you

Tags
kitchen