A ceux qui parlent français (For those who speak French.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maryline

Assistant Cook
Car malheureusement je ne sais pas écrire dans votre (si jolie) langue.

S'il y a donc parmi vous des personnes qui me comprennent et qui sont éventuellement intéressées par les recettes de ma mamie, je peux vous les communiquer, avec parfois des photos.

J'adore cuisiner étranger, peut-être en sera-t-il de même pour vous ? :chef:

Continuez, vous êtes une source d'inspiration incroyable ! :)

Maryline. :chicken:

S'il y a donc parmi vous des personnes qui me comprennent et qui sont éventuellement intéressées par les recettes de ma mamie, je peux vous les communiquer, avec parfois des photos.

Bienvenue! J'aimerais voir des recettes de votre grand-mère.

Just FYI........I don't speak French (except for a few pleasantries like thank you, etc.). I used Yahoo's text translation, and Maryline basically said that she has a lot of her grandmother's recipes and some photos that she would be willing to share if anyone is interested.

I'm interested :).

Hey folks, can you please post the translation links you used for Maryline and she can then use them to post here in English? Thanks all!

Just be advised that Babel does NOT always translate accurately - especially when it comes to recipes. Been there; done that.

So cut Maryline a LOT of slack if her recipes don't automatically seem to click the way you feel they should. It's most probably in the translation.

Dear Maryline,

I don't speak French, but I think I know enough to understand a little of what you are saying. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I would be interested in recipes and photos from you and your mother, and will be glad to sent you some of my recipes. You are also a source of inspiration!

CAILLES ROYALES

2 quail, 2 slices of foie gras, bacon, green beans, cognac, salt, pepper

1) ingredients before assembly

cailles-1,128e2feec8099c5a28b6ce8b465eba07.jpg.html

2) complete the quail pieces of foie gras and quail close

cailles-2,3d7dbda06f4657b4bbab9ca9ecd3fb5e.jpg.html

3) circle of quail with bacon and close the string

cailles-4,1b7301ae53449cefe04a988b9f8a674c.jpg.html

4) put in the oven, check that the quail are tender

cailles-5,5e1c58d7334ed4df49180063c77e7c34.jpg.html

5) flambé with cognac

cailles-6,f8d5fb2502eaf50abed5ad2a643e45cc.jpg.html

6) remove the bacon and serve cooked beans surrounded by bacon

It's delicious and very easy! :chef:

Bienvenue, Maryline! Je peux traduire vos recettes en anglais.

I haven't written French in years, and was never very good at it. I'm much better translating French into English, and can certainly translate recipes into English if Maryline posts them.

Loprraine, perhaps you could start a PM discussion with her offering that? Breezy has mentioned that the translator might have issues with recipes.

I wish I had studied harder in school, 4 years and I hardly remember my french.
Je ne parle pas francais. :ermm:
I'm glad to meet you! ~Bliss

I bought a cook book in Quebec, of old Quebecoise recipies, and had a heck of a time, although I can read French in some aspects (my Father's first language is French, and I grew up hearing it a lot). I can translate quite a bit of written French even though I can't speak it at all, or understand much of it (just too fast for me).

The hardest part, and I've used several of the recipes, has been, of all things,the herbs and spices. The meats, vegetables, etc, I knew. I could figure out the measurements. But my trusty Larousse didn't have the herbs and spices in it (and of course, it was Canadien, not France-French in the cookbook). For example, the cookbook uses "pomme de terre" and "patate" both! THat I COULD figure out, given that my mom also uses both terms.

beh oui, Maryline! Je voudrais ces recettes de votre mamie!

Oui! :) Merci beaucoup.

Back
Top Bottom