A great grandma, still cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

polly479

Assistant Cook
Hi! I am SO happy to be part of this group. I am a great grandma and I still LOVE to cook. I am sure there is still plenty to learn so I am always on the lookout for new and different ways to make cooking as enjoyable as it was in the days I was making after school snacks every day for a bunch of hungry kids just off the bus after a long day at our country school! I still love to cook the way I did 'back in the day' and am challenged by cooking a great, satisfying meal with a pantry that looks similiar to Mother Hubbard's!! I love making my own mixes and using the old substitutions I had to learn when we had to drive 20 miles to get a loaf of bread! Looking forward to learning lots of new things here.:LOL:

Thanks, Sweetie!

That's about how I did it ... a little of this and a pinch of that! My son once asked me if a tad was the same thing as a smidgen!! I still love cooking like that! Sometimes brings a surprise though!!!:LOL:

Welcome Grandma:) Glsd to meet you. Would love to swap then recipes with you.
kadesma:)

Welcome to DC! You might be able to help me decipher my grandma's recipes that my mother and I did not get to (my mother has dementia and hated to cook). I believe the gene skipped a generation.

Good morning Polly, we're glad to have you here and you'll have a great time. Good cooks, good people, and good fun. This is a great place to hang your apron. Welcome.

deciphering grandma's recipes

I would love to help if I can. It is such fun to read old recipes and figure out (or try to) what the cook meant! I have a few very old cookbooks and each of my grand daughters will sit and read them like a novel just as I do!! :LOL:

Welcome! I see we're neighbors. I live here in the heart of the Ozarks too, just south of Branson and near the Buffalo River. There's a great old time cooking heritage here that I've not seen anywhere else except Guam. I think it takes a culture that cares about it's roots in order to preserve what was best from our past. The local Mennonites have taught me that. ;)

images

Welcome, Polly! Happy to have you join us... Be looking forward to your posts and getting to know you better..

Back
Top Bottom