A hello and a question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of our members I think, suggested a crockpot cookbook. I think that's a great idea! Since you do not have a wife and children, you'll wish to look for a cookbook for one or two people. You'll be able to freeze leftovers for later meals, which does save very much time! /QUOTE]

Here is a web site I use a lot. Crock-Pot Ladies - Easy Crock-Pot Recipes –

Last edited:
One of our members I think, suggested a crockpot cookbook. I think that's a great idea! Since you do not have a wife and children, you'll wish to look for a cookbook for one or two people. You'll be able to freeze leftovers for later meals, which does save very much time! /QUOTE]

Here is a web site I use a lot. Crock-Pot Ladies - Easy Crock-Pot Recipes –

Oh, that will work! I think you'll like this, Mordent.

With love,
~Cat

Well, I'm kinda stuck with boneless chicken breasts this time. They've been in my freezer for a couple months and the frost has reached arctic tundra status. Since I have to defrost, the chicken must be crocked. Any suggestions on keeping it moist? What if I throw a couple cans of chicken noodle soup in with it? Or clam chowder? My options are limited.

Last edited:
Well, I'm kinda stuck with boneless chicken breasts this time. They've been in my freezer for a couple months and the frost has reached arctic tundra status. Since I have to defrost, the chicken must be crocked. Any suggestions on keeping it moist? What if I throw a couple cans of chicken noodle soup in with it? Or clam chowder? My options are limited.

Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes

Maybe there are some suggestions there, maybe?

With love,
~Cat

Is the slow cooker the only cooking method you have available to you?

Cooking with liquid does not prevent meats from drying out; overcooking causes meats to dry out. Adding liquid, like a soup, stew or sauce, will help with the flavor, but when meat dries out, that means the moisture within the meat is gone and there is no way to put it back. So just be careful not to overcook it.

I have a stove and a microwave, too. I gave away my toaster oven. I'm kind of enjoying just experimenting with the crock pot, though. I'll pretty much eat anything anyways.

Mordent, don't say "I'll pretty much eat anything anyways" in some third-world countries.

It could become gastrically disastrous. In Romania, most precooked shrimp is not deveined in many dishes.

Uckkkkk!

With love,
~Cat

Hi Cat! Good to see you busily recruiting new members! ;) And Hello and welcome Mordent! :)

Mordent - I have to agree with others and say that a crockpot is not the way to go with your frozen chicken breasts. Also, if they have "freezer burn" you are not going to retrieve them at all unless you cut off the ruined parts and try to do something with what is left.

Hello Mordent!

Have you cooked these yet? You could put them in a crockpot with cream of chicken soup to cover, but the results will be pretty bland.

Tell us if you have cooked these yet or not.

Sincerely,
MammaCat

Hello Mordent!

Have you cooked these yet? You could put them in a crockpot with cream of chicken soup to cover, but the results will be pretty bland.

Tell us if you have cooked these yet or not.

Sincerely,
MammaCat
Yes, I already cooked them. It actually turned out pretty god, better than my first, oniony experiment. I put in a bunch of breaded uncooked boneless chicken breasts, a chopped up potato, 4 boneless pork chop things, a can of corn, and a can of chicken broth I found in my cabinet. No onions!

Yes, I already cooked them. It actually turned out pretty god, better than my first, oniony experiment. I put in a bunch of breaded uncooked boneless chicken breasts, a chopped up potato, 4 boneless pork chop things, a can of corn, and a can of chicken broth I found in my cabinet. No onions!

Pretty good, that is. I have no idea whether or not god is pretty.

Pretty good, that is. I have no idea whether or not god is pretty.

That's funny! Typographical errors often are the best forms of humor on the Internet.

I have made many very funny mistakes also, Mordent.

Mordent, meet my Mamma, MammaCat. MammaCat, this is Mordent, a friend.

Mordent, what next will you want to try in the crockpot?

With love,
~Cat

That's funny! Typographical errors often are the best forms of humor on the Internet.

I have made many very funny mistakes also, Mordent.

Mordent, meet my Mamma, MammaCat. MammaCat, this is Mordent, a friend.

Mordent, what next will you want to try in the crockpot?

With love,
~Cat

Hello MammaCat!
I haven't decided on my next experiment yet. I'll probably just go to the grocery store and pick out some kind of meat.... :)

Hello MammaCat!
I haven't decided on my next experiment yet. I'll probably just go to the grocery store and pick out some kind of meat.... :)

Hello, Mordent.

You could take a look at crockpot recipes and find something you like.

Cat did the same with a roast. She came home with one, Googled a recipe, and from what I understand, it came out very well.

I'll get her to post it. It seems to be very easy. We haven't had it yet but Aunty Stela said it was very good.

Sincerely,
MammaCat

Back
Top Bottom