A little bit about me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
I have been visiting here for a couple of years now and I want to thank you all for great tips and recipes. I have been cooking since I was 8 years old with my grandmother(mother's side) and my aunts (father's side). My maternal grandmother was from Puerto Rico,my maternal grandfather from Spain.My paternal grandparents are both from Sicily.That could be why I have such a passion for cooking and baking-many wonderful childhood memories in the kitchen.Alot of people claim my husband Jimmyof 26 years is a brave man to have married me with so much latin blood.He sleeps with one eye open- what can I tell you!!:LOL: We have/had 3 children-our oldest son Jymm passed 6 years ago at the age of 18,my second son Dennis is 21 and my daughter Kiersten is 18. My sons loved to cook- my daughter has no interest whatsover- her only recipe is for jello shots and that she acquired at college:huh: Well that's about it-Thank you all again for educating me,inspiring me, making me laugh and humoring me- You're all terrific!!

Nice to know a little about you, Vicki! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son.

Hi Vicki,
my heartfelt sympathy about your son..I'm so happy youve found us and feel like you're at home..I've felt that way from the start..I'm enjoying your posts and having you with us.

kadesma:)

(((Kadesma and Callie))) Thank you for your kind words,Hoping I didn't make anyone uncomfortable but, I can't not include my oldest son when I 'm talking about all my kids and man did that kid LOVE to eat!:)

I don't think there is anything worse in the world than losing a child. My deepest heart felt sympathy for you, Vicki!!!
You didn't make anyone uncomfortable!! If you ever need to let loose or blow off some steam, just pm any one of us that you think you can be comfortable with. We are all family here and you fit right in.
I didn't even realize that you hadn't introduced yourself yet. LOL
You fit just like a glove in here. I have enjoyed your posts as much as everyone else!!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your son. But glad you are happy here. You've been here quite a while longer than I have and how in the world did you accumulate so few posts in that time. I suppose you weren't as verbal as I am. I seem to have an opinion on most everything. I hope you find lots to comment on in the future. It is nice to get everyone's take on threads.

sounds like you come from a great family with a rich heritage. Spain, Carribean, and Sicilian...great cuisines all! Welcome!

Thank you all for you kind welcomes.Losing a child is still unfathomable top me and it's been 6 years.But, I have learned that you keep going ,you learn to live differently and by God help those who are faced with the same tragedy. There is ALOT of therapeutic value in cooking and I find when I am missing my son Jymm the most I will unconciously be preparing his favorite meals and goodies.
Robo- I thoroughly enjoy cooking recipes from my heritage but, love trying other ethnic dishes as well. I haven't had too much luck with Chinese or Dutch cooking for that matter- my husband is from a dutch background and it seems o me everything starts with a ton of butter or some other fat. His Mom was a horrible cook so there was no help there!!!!But I will keep searching!!!! Love and energy, Vicki

Hi Vicki. I'm so glad you joined us !
I'm so sorry about Jymm. Sounds
like the two of you were pretty close.
You can always lean on us when you're
having a bad day though. Don't ever
forget that.

Thank you Middie-I'm so glad I found this site- the greatest people are here!!!!

Yes I have seen you around but it is great to meet you officially!!:cool:
Thanks for telling us about yourself... So you have a bit of Siciliana in you!! Wonderful!! It is home to so many delicious foods... also a beautiful place!! it made me sad to know that one of your boys is no longer with you, but always remember he is watching over you somewhere up there... probably drooling at the goodies you are cooking..:)
I hope you can hang with us more often when you can!!

Thanks GB- I guess I just have one of those faces:D Like I said I have been visiting this site for awhile and have gotten some GREAT tips and recipes- I just didn't feel I had anything to offer but, I do so love cooking and baking.:chef: It's good to be around such positive people!!!

Urmaniac-I have enjoyed so many of your posts- you're just great!!!My son Dennis did a summer semester at Oxford University last year and was able to get to Rome for a weekend- He LOVED it and wants his father and I to go before and I quote "we get too old"Granted I'm 45 and my husband 46 but I don't think our best years are behind us LOL!!!My other son Jymm was my greatest inspiration when it came to cooking- he loved just about everything and would bring people over to have me cook for them.Jymm had suffered from depression his entire life and was diagnosed at 6 years old with severe depressive disorder and when he was 18 years 1 month and 4 days old ended his agony.Of course that's when it began for the rest of us- sorry shouldn't have gone here maybe. Thanks again.Love and energy, Vicki

(((Vicki)))... some times talking about it with others heals you if only just a little... and we are always here to listen!!
I look forward to welcoming you and your family in Rome some day soon, it is never too late or old to travel and have fun!!

GB said:
You couldn't be more wrong :mrgreen:

i couldn't agree more gb.

here's the official welcome vickiq, but i think you already know that you are more than welcome, and are a part of our family.

my heart goes out to you on the loss of your son, and my greatest respect for the way you have carried on.

and wow!, puerto rican, spanish, and sicilian!!! thatsa some hot mama!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom