"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

A little shy?

Hello,
I'm kind of an introvert and stumbled onto to this site by accident. I really enjoyed the banter and caring attitude. Is it real? I believe it is. Is it safe? I think so, yes. So I'm going to hang out a while if that's all right with everyone. I'm rather shy...always afraid to say the wrong thing or misinterpret another person's words. That's why I like to cook, and play piano, and read...all solo activities. Maybe being a part of this will allow me to share. Here's hoping! Everyone calls me "Dash" because I am always on the go - dashing here and there and everywhere!

PS...I really liked what Smoke King said about his dog, Bailey. I honestly know what heartache is when you lose a friend. Stay strong and don't be alone.

Dash

Old 08-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Welcome Dash! Stick around and you'll find that we're all a big, happy family here.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome Dash,
there isn't a nicer place than our forum and our members. There is a deep love here within this group of people..We love each other and our grandkids and kids and also our furry friends...Come visit wih us and let us show you what a great group we are.

kadesma
Old 08-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Welcome, Dash. Glad you found our family. Yes, we're one big extended, international family.
Dash for running away, or to?
We all have our assets and quirks, but we all find our nitch.
Stick around and browse awhile. We have a Site Map, where you can add your location or check on where some of the others are located. Not everyone has gotten around to adding their name, but it will give you an idea.
You can find it in catagory; Introductions & Birthdays, under thread:New DC Map, 1st page, 1st post. Just click on the words DC Map.

I hope to see you often. Good night.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Welcome to DC Dash, nice to have you join us, this is a great caring forum.
Barb L.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Wow. Thank you for the welcome. You are real.

I have kids and grandkids, too. What a joy the little ones are.

I had two wonderful furry friends in my life. Both are now stars that twinkle in the night sky, letting me know that they are healthy, and running around the heavens. I sometimes think that they wink at me and I smile because I know that they haven't forgotten me any more than I have forgotten them.

Hmm...Am I running to or from? Both, I guess. It's hard to embrace pain and heartache but I'm not such a lost cause that I can't ask for help. I don't receive any emotional support in my own home because I have to be the strong one that comforts everyone else and sometimes my stomach hurts. Having this forum may be just the outlet that I need to receive some strength back.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Dash
Old 08-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
Head Chef

Hey Dash, welcome to the forum. A lot of nice people here and a lot of useful and interesting information. Just feel free to jump right into any subject matter.

No bad or foul language, no nasty name calling and no insulting the people here. Your opinions can differ from others' but keep it nice. Those are the rules otherwise have great conversations with and get to know the people here.
The best part of this for a shy person is that no one can see you.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
Master Chef

Welcome Dash. This is a nice place to be.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
Master Chef

Hi Dash. don't be afraid of saying the wrong thing. The use of smilies helps with that and as long as your not just plain mean, your fine
We will just have to bring you outta your shell, huh? Stick around though, we are for real, I promise
Old 08-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Wow. Thank you for the welcome. You are real.

I have kids and grandkids, too. What a joy the little ones are.

I had two wonderful furry friends in my life. Both are now stars that twinkle in the night sky, letting me know that they are healthy, and running around the heavens. I sometimes think that they wink at me and I smile because I know that they haven't forgotten me any more than I have forgotten them.

Hmm...Am I running to or from? Both, I guess. It's hard to embrace pain and heartache but I'm not such a lost cause that I can't ask for help. I don't receive any emotional support in my own home because I have to be the strong one that comforts everyone else and sometimes my stomach hurts. Having this forum may be just the outlet that I need to receive some strength back.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Dash
Dash,
if there is something you need..You just have to ask for help here. The members will rush to your side..Here there will be someone to give you support..Just sit back and watch, then look at some of the threads...
You will quickly learn that this is the place to be.
kadesma