A little shy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dash

Assistant Cook
Hello,
I'm kind of an introvert and stumbled onto to this site by accident. I really enjoyed the banter and caring attitude. Is it real? I believe it is. Is it safe? I think so, yes. So I'm going to hang out a while if that's all right with everyone. I'm rather shy...always afraid to say the wrong thing or misinterpret another person's words. :ermm: That's why I like to cook, and play piano, and read...all solo activities. Maybe being a part of this will allow me to share. Here's hoping! Everyone calls me "Dash" because I am always on the go - dashing here and there and everywhere!:)

PS...I really liked what Smoke King said about his dog, Bailey. I honestly know what heartache is when you lose a friend. Stay strong and don't be alone.

Dash

Welcome Dash,
there isn't a nicer place than our forum and our members. There is a deep love here within this group of people..We love each other and our grandkids and kids and also our furry friends...Come visit wih us and let us show you what a great group we are.

kadesma:)

Welcome, Dash. Glad you found our family. Yes, we're one big extended, international family.
Dash for running away, or to?
We all have our assets and quirks, but we all find our nitch.
Stick around and browse awhile. We have a Site Map, where you can add your location or check on where some of the others are located. Not everyone has gotten around to adding their name, but it will give you an idea.
You can find it in catagory; Introductions & Birthdays, under thread:New DC Map, 1st page, 1st post. Just click on the words DC Map.

I hope to see you often. Good night.

Wow. Thank you for the welcome. You are real.

I have kids and grandkids, too. What a joy the little ones are.

I had two wonderful furry friends in my life. Both are now stars that twinkle in the night sky, letting me know that they are healthy, and running around the heavens. I sometimes think that they wink at me and I smile because I know that they haven't forgotten me any more than I have forgotten them.

Hmm...Am I running to or from? Both, I guess. It's hard to embrace pain and heartache but I'm not such a lost cause that I can't ask for help. I don't receive any emotional support in my own home because I have to be the strong one that comforts everyone else and sometimes my stomach hurts. Having this forum may be just the outlet that I need to receive some strength back.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Dash

Hey Dash, welcome to the forum. A lot of nice people here and a lot of useful and interesting information. Just feel free to jump right into any subject matter.

No bad or foul language, no nasty name calling and no insulting the people here. Your opinions can differ from others' but keep it nice. Those are the rules otherwise have great conversations with and get to know the people here.
The best part of this for a shy person is that no one can see you. :LOL:

Hi Dash. don't be afraid of saying the wrong thing. The use of smilies helps with that and as long as your not just plain mean, your fine;)
We will just have to bring you outta your shell, huh? Stick around though, we are for real, I promise

Wow. Thank you for the welcome. You are real.

I have kids and grandkids, too. What a joy the little ones are.

I had two wonderful furry friends in my life. Both are now stars that twinkle in the night sky, letting me know that they are healthy, and running around the heavens. I sometimes think that they wink at me and I smile because I know that they haven't forgotten me any more than I have forgotten them.

Hmm...Am I running to or from? Both, I guess. It's hard to embrace pain and heartache but I'm not such a lost cause that I can't ask for help. I don't receive any emotional support in my own home because I have to be the strong one that comforts everyone else and sometimes my stomach hurts. Having this forum may be just the outlet that I need to receive some strength back.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Dash
Dash,
if there is something you need..You just have to ask for help here. The members will rush to your side..Here there will be someone to give you support..Just sit back and watch, then look at some of the threads...
You will quickly learn that this is the place to be.
kadesma

Welcome Dash I seconed what every body else has said. On this site there are some very caring folks here that will help at a moments notice, regaurdless of the problem.
To name a few Kades, Uncle Bob, Kitchenelf, Maverick. so don't be bashful just ask and you will be suprised.

Well, My Goodness! You folks are simply the best. I feel so welcomed. Thank you all. I am not quite ready to talk about my hurting heart, but I now know that I can.

I don't believe in name-calling or in being mean. That's why I always get hurt, I guess...too sensitive, maybe, or too caring. Either way, I always seem to be the target of another's insensitivities. How I wish I could protect myself. One day at a time.....

Dash

Hello,
Welcome and Enjoy!
The people here have become like family to each other.
There's always an extra seat at the table. Sit down and have some fun.

This is a safe place for you, Dash. The conscientious moderators make sure that no one is ever mean or unkind on this forum. If they are, they will soon be gone. This is the real deal...don't ever be hesitant to join a conversation. You will always be welcomed.

Hi Dash-welcome to DC!! Yes it is real, and the people really do care. I've been in and out of lots of these sites, and DC is the only one I come back to!

The funny thing is, even though I got involved because of my interest in cooking, I rarely find myself talking about cooking!! Its funny that you mention my post about my dog, Bailey, because after the initial shock, the first people I thought of to pour my heart out to were the folks here at DC. I have never met any of them, but I knew they would help "prop" me up after this heartbreaking tragedy, and I was right. The outpouring of support I received, and am still receiving, has been a great comfort to me. And thanks to all of them, I am slowly getting back on my feet.

Dash, You have stumbled across a very good site indeed. Welcome-its good to have you here.:)

Back
Top Bottom