A quick hi from South Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joanie Woods

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone! I joined this forum today, but I'm still trying to find my way around! Looks interesting and friendly! I'm trying to establish a sort of food blog, don't really know what I'm doing, so won't even think of posting the URL! First, I'll just come here to relax ... we're in the middle of building renovations and it's AWFUL! :LOL: :sick:

Welcome to the site Joanie. This is a great place to relax :). We are very happy you joined us!

Welcome to DC Joanie. karibu.jpgHave fun with us.:)

Hey, thanks everyone, for the welcome!

I am sorry I was in and out of here, and only reply to your kind welcome at this late stage! We -- or at least the architect-builder -- were renovating and adding to our house. It was all so chaotic and messy that I had very little time for the computer and the Internet! That's why I said: "Quick hi!"

It's getting together now, but I've been working my backside off, trying to clean and move back into our house! We're still in rented quarters, the couches, etc. which are being re-covered are not finished yet, and the new additions echo with emptiness!! Also need carpets!

Anyway, maybe in a week's time things will be back to almost normal ...:ROFLMAO:

Welcome Joanie,
when the dust has setteled, this is the best place I know to relax and enjoy. Look forward to getting to know you better.
kadesma:)

Hi, back for a second!! You're all very kind. Finally we are back in the house, back in our own bed at night. The new kitchen is such a shock to the system, that I feel like I'm cooking in a stranger's kitchen!! But it's great, and I'm really thrilled.

Hi, Jikoni!! At least we're on the same continent! I often feel a bit ... ummm ... sidelined ... on USA websites!! I am a white South African of European descent, just to introduce myself -- but forefathers landed here in late 17th and early 18th century, so I plead not guilty!! LOL!

I am sometimes a lazy cook, but my abiding interest in food started when I was newly married and could not cook an egg. (Taught myself!)

Still very tired and house very disorganised, but hope to get to know all of you better as soon as things settle down. Hugs from Joanie.

Back
Top Bottom