About Red Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red Lobster

LAJ you have your sides mixed up, Clearwater, Sarasota, and Tampa are on the Gulf side, and I live in Sarasota and can't vouch for any Red Lobsters here... ;):)

I do have my sides correct. All experiences are different. Mine have been positive in Gulf area or central Fla.

Last edited:
I do prefer to go to small family owned fish restaurants and bar and grille with seafood. I do that a much as I can.

LAJ next time you are in Sarasota you must try Owens fish camp... The food there is pretty darn good... :):):)

smoked fish dip

Yeah, but you gulfers have smoked mullet dip!;)

Craig

I used to love smoked marlin dip in south fla. dont eat it now. They are a threatened species. We have whitefish dip in Mich. its pretty good.

I used to love smoked marlin dip in south fla. dont eat it now. They are a threatened species. We have whitefish dip in Mich. its pretty good.

Did you get it from a friend? Marlin and sailfish can't be taken/offered commercially in Florida since the early '70's, I believe.

Craig

Yeah, but you gulfers have smoked mullet dip!;)

Craig

HaHa that reminds me of a party I went to a long time ago, when I first moved to Florida... It was a huge BBQ out in the backwoods somewhere, there was food cooking all over the place, but then there was this old fridge with smoke coming out of it that really freaked me out... I came to find out that's how they smoked their mullet, don't ask me how but it was the strangest thing I ever saw...

Must be a long time since you've been in Florida, the food at Red Lobsters is mediocre at best, the same can be said for Olive Gardens... But this is just my opinion...

Mimi, I agree with you Their quality in Florida has went way down. I did not know that it was down else where too. I did find that my Eggplant Parm was a lot more fattening than yours:LOL:

Josie :innocent:

HaHa that reminds me of a party I went to a long time ago, when I first moved to Florida... It was a huge BBQ out in the backwoods somewhere, there was food cooking all over the place, but then there was this old fridge with smoke coming out of it that really freaked me out... I came to find out that's how they smoked their mullet, don't ask me how but it was the strangest thing I ever saw...

Southern engineering!:rolleyes: We can convert almost any old thing into a smoker.

Craig

Our Red Lobster, in Marion, Il, got pretty yucky for a while, but in the last year it has gotten really good! I don't know if it's new management for this particular restaurant or what, but I sure am happy about it.

Marlin dip

Did you get it from a friend? Marlin and sailfish can't be taken/offered commercially in Florida since the early '70's, I believe.

Craig

You are correct about the marlin and sailfish illegal since the 70's to take or consume. I ate the dip prior to that. I saw a sailfish taken in caribbean waters in the 90's on another vessel. The captain reported it. But, it was a sad site to see.

You are correct about the marlin and sailfish illegal since the 70's to take or consume. I ate the dip prior to that. I saw a sailfish taken in caribbean waters in the 90's on another vessel. The captain reported it. But, it was a sad site to see.

According to FWC rules, you can harvest one billfish per day as long as it meets minimum size requirements. They just can't be taken commercially. You can't shoot them either. I doubt that many are taken though. What is really becomming an issue for over fishing are swordfish.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom