Aloha Ka Kou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Aunty,

If you don't find the senior prom picture, try the yearbook:) . I'm sure you'll find me in there.......just look for the skinny kid in the skimpy running shorts (geez, I hated those shorts!).

BTW, my beef stew in the crock pot came out good, not 'ono-licious, but good. The meat was soft but a little bland. Next time I think I'll try beef with a little fat on them. Maybe that will give them some taste. Oh yeah, I also had to add some cornstarch in the morning to thicken it up a little bit. I'll try the hawaiian style beef stew next....only if I can find the recipe somewhere in my recipe binder.

Let me know if you find the picture :LOL: .

Mahalo,
Restless

a huge welcome and hug to you restless!

any ohana of wasabi's is la familia to me. you will always be welcome with me and mine.

:)

Mahalo buckytom, and all the other members, for the warm greetings. Like the saying from the movie Lilo and Stitch: "'Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind".......or leave the table hungry (I added the last part).

Restless

I got a really good idea, Restless, use that pic of you in the running shorts as your avatar.:LOL: :LOL:

Ha! That's a good one......I got to find out how to put a pic as my avatar. But I don't think people would want to see me in the skimpy running shorts (I know I wouldn't). :LOL:

Hey Aunty Wasabi, I'll make sure I send the cool weather from California to you in Hawaii. It's beginning to cool down a bit here in NorCal....soon it will be winter and I'll be freezing my okole (butt) off.

Restless

Welcome...
Would someone that lives in Pearl City go to the same school as you two did ? Does Keomalu ring a bell ?

This is as much fun as finding out a friend of Kitchenelf's was a bride maid for my DH niece in North Carolina!!
Dove

And it is getting smaller Wasabi..

My Nephew's daughter just moved to Honolulu to live with a girlfriend. She did find a job at Ross..and going to college. She would rather work where she could make tips. IronChef !! where are you? Any ideas?

Do you know where Kepuhi St. is? What part of the Island is it on? How would I pronounce it ? Marge

Aloha Dove,

Let me know if you want to see an arial view of the island of Oahu and also to find out where Kepuhi Street is. I know a site where you can view the geographical location.

Aloha,
Restless

That is so nice of you..yes I would like to have the web site.

I fell in love with the Island a few years ago. We stayed at the Hali Koa for 10 days.

A friend of mine lives in Pearl City. It was so nice to see her again. I was her baby sitter and now she is a grandmother. :rolleyes:
Marge

Dove,

Go to www.google.com and download the "google earth" software. Click on the standard earth software and then you are good to go. All you have to do is type in the street, city, and state and it'll show you an arial view of the location. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mahalo,
Restless

wasabi said:
Howzit Braddah!

Welcome to da bestest forum on earth. (sorry mainlanders, this is the way locals talk to each other here). I live on the leeward side of Oahu. Nice to see annada kanack hea.

Sistah Wasabi:)

What fun!

I remember a trip (years ago) to Hawaii when a young native adopted me for a brief time (to help me clean up -- a bird had pooped on my head!). I remember hearing him talk to other natives and thinking it was another language and then ... all of a sudden ... just twisting my ear a bit, I realized it was English!

So, y'all have grown up with cheap macadamia nuts, huh? You lucky things! (I'm crunching some as I write ...)

Ayrto, When the bird pooped on your head, that was a Hawaiian blessing.:LOL:

wasabi, i've read the complete collection of captain cook's personal logs, and his voyages in hawaii.
from what i can what decipher, ayrton was bombarded by a hawaiian "foo" bird.
foo birds are particularly adept at crapping on tourists heads, making them a favourite of the locals.
seeing this, the local inhabitants began the tradition that foo poo was a lucky omen, giggling every time they saw it.

thus began the expression: when the foo sh!ts, wear it!

(please, no one pm me. i just made this up. :) )

Wasabi and Bucktom! I agree it was a blessing. How anyone could visit that lovely place and not feel blessed, I don't know. I'd just love to return there one day....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom