an avocado says hello.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyAvocado

Senior Cook
hello everybody, this looks like a fun forum! i have been a "hobby chef", as i call myself:chef:, since i was a teenager and i spend a lot of time thinking about food and what to cook! i think i enjoy cooking even more than i enjoy eating:rolleyes:.

in the past couple of years i have become particularly interested in nutrition and the effects of foods on the body, but i also have a thing for comfort foods and i make a mean plate of fried chicken... everything in moderation, right?

hopefully i can learn some new things here and maybe i can contribute something as well. there seems to be quite a range of cooking styles represented here... myself, i tend towards healthier foods but i have an active interest in well made junk food as well. my favorite ingredient group by far is the plant group, i love veggies and often cook entire meals that are starch and meat free, but i love to grill or roast meats for special occasions. i am also a big believer in organics and sustainable farming, and just about 99% of the ingredients that i cook with fall into that catagory.

i look forward to sharing some food talk with all of you.
:)

-avocados

Wow, that is quite the introduction! Welcome to the boards, I look forward to seeing some of your recipes.

welcome to DC! it's a very nice place.
you and jkath would get along well. she loves avacados.:)

Glad to have you here happy! It sounds like you have a great outlook on food. I can't wait to see some of the things you post.

Luvs_food is right! I am the quite the avocado adorer! (Just check out my avatar!)
I'm so happy to meet you! Welcome to our family!!!

Welcome to the place on the web!!! You'll love it!!

3.gif

Welcome HA,

happy to have a new member to share recipe ideas with..
kadesma

well thanks for the welcome, everybody. i think avocados the best thing in the world and i eat one almost every day! hurray for the avocado!

Hi there Happy Avocado,

Welcome to the boards! :)

I like the user name you picked, happiness is something you can rarely get enough of! Cute avatar too!

Back
Top Bottom