"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Head Chef
Welcome - your English most excellent. If I could do even a tiny bit of Spanish I would be proud!

David Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Welcome Nat2007, Glad to have you here. Your english is perfect. Ours.... from time to time .... will be questionable, especially mine and ((JIMMY^^))'s (RetiredItalian) (no offense- Jimmy,but those grapevines are squeezing the blood from gettin' to your melon!).

Have you ever been to the states? Have you any questions of our food? What's your favorite meal? What are the specialties of your area?

Thanks for joining!

quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
Thanks a lot to all for your welcome!!!.

Answering some of the questions, no, I have never been to the States. Though my husband does travel every now and then to the States for his work and always brings me some food (I love some biscuits, pepperidge farm, I think they are called).

I am not sure I have a favourite meal. I like many different sorts of food and I enjoy trying different dishes from all over the world. Though finding the ingredients in my little town now can be a bit tricky. I used to live in Madrid where you could find stuff from all over the world.

I currently live in the North coast of Spain. Fish and seafood is a big thing here, sometimes it is cooked in a kind of cider made here as well. And every kind of meat...and stews....We do have very good ingredients. Spanish (and probably all nationalities) socialize a lot by eating....

Again, thanks!
Nat2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #14
Master Chef
Sorry, I'm late! Welcome to DC!

sattie is offline   Reply With Quote