Another Cajun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CajunSpoon

Assistant Cook
I found this site by looking for a recipe for sucotash that I have in a cookbook but it's is at home, found the recipe I was looking for then started to read the thread of "Signature Dishes"- that hooked me. LOL

I am a married female, no grandkids of my own yet and to old to have any more myself.

I been cooking since I was allowed to play with fire, about the age of 8.

I do cook from recipes, I also tweak them to my liking and I have a few that I invented.

I have a good size collection of cook-books but have stopped adding to my collection a few years ago.

When I eat something I love that someone else has made, I always ask for the recipe- many times told "it's a secret" or they would give it to me but leave out key ingredients. Now that I am older I realize why- these people don't want another person to take away their thunder by re-creating thus recipe or make it better haha.

I am a bit wierd- I love to cook for my family & some friends but not for a big group or in competitions.

I look forward to spending time and meeting new people here.

Welcome to DC. I love sharing recipes with all the ingredients.
Well except maybe the accidental gravy from a dinner party.
I had roasted a couple of chickens. The chicken had been stuffed with a stick of butter. Then we covered the chicken in bacon.
Hubby had poured off said drippings into a bowl.
All the guests used it as gravy for their potatoes.
I don't even want to think about the calorie count.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

I am still not sure how to go about posting recipes without getting into trouble, so I will have to read on that some more. I have found some pretty good recipes that I use often from various websites but not sure the rules on that.

I have my own recipes but do I need to get them copyrigted before I post them?

I do have one hand-written recipe for pound cake from my grand-mother but what if she got it out of a cook-book?

The confusion continues LOL

If it is your own recipe, you can post it.

Oh and as soon as you write something, it is copyrighted. Now if you write a book you can register your copyright but it is not mandatory.

Although as I learned, once you post a recipe online, it is possible that someone else will steal it.
I know because I posted my chicken chowder recipe at recipezaar now Food.com and I have found it at a couple of other sites.

If you want to post a recipe from another site, it would be best to post a link to it, maybe with comments on why you like it, what you serve with it, etc.

I think if you post a recipe called CajunSpoon's Grandma's Pound Cake, you'll be fine ;)

Welcome to DC! Laissez les bon temps rouler!;) Keep the lima beans, I'll have mirliton in my succotash!:yum:

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

I am still not sure how to go about posting recipes without getting into trouble, so I will have to read on that some more. I have found some pretty good recipes that I use often from various websites but not sure the rules on that.

I have my own recipes but do I need to get them copyrigted before I post them?

I do have one hand-written recipe for pound cake from my grand-mother but what if she got it out of a cook-book?

The confusion continues LOL

Welcome to DC!
Community Rules is a good place to start for Posting Recipes.

If you have a good recipe for beef ettoufé, I am all ears!

PrincessFiona, sorry but I never heard of beef ettoufe...only Crawfish or Shrimp at least where I am from. Now I would imagine you can you use your favorite ettoufe recipe and just replace the seafood with beef

I was just wondering if you had a different rendition than the one I have. Got mine from watching Justin Wilson 30 years ago. Thanks for responding.

Welcome, everybody will share recipes here. No secrets. Btw, I hate those folks that have "secret" recipes.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom