Another New Member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_misanthropy

Assistant Cook
Hello fellow culinarians!

I'm from a small-ish town in Missouri, and I love to cook, so I guess I'm in the right place. I work as a sous chef in a brand spankin' new brick oven pizza & pasta restaurant. I've been cooking as a hobby for about 4 years now, and I'm exploring it as a possible long-term career. So far so good!

I love to make Italian food, and I make a mean lasagna. I also do Chinese food, and I love making Southern comfort food classics. I'm getting interested in French cuisine, but it's hard to find some ingredients locally. Work in progress. I have a unique taste for traditionally cooked foods. I love smoked meats, different cured meats, dutch oven meals cooked over the fire, and of course the brick oven. It all intrigues me.

Other hobbies of mine include martial arts, writing & journaling, trivia, drawing, and a plethora of other various interests, obsessions, and quirks.

Thanks for having me!

-Jeremy

Welcome - I love the friendly help & information from this site. French cuisine is great - I have loads for French inspired recipes, but ingredients shouldn't be a problem as it's usually based on fresh produce - dairy, meat and vegetable, though I suppose cheeses could be more tricky. Good Luck!

... ingredients shouldn't be a problem as it's usually based on fresh produce - dairy, meat and vegetable, though I suppose cheeses could be more tricky. Good Luck!

There is no place around here to get duck or lamb! It's shocking. I've looked high and low. I could get a whole duck, but I really just want the legs. :innocent: As for cheese, there's a cheese shop pretty nearby, however I think they mostly have Cheddar, Swiss, Wisconsin cheeses, etc. Maybe he can order me some of the more "interesting" French cheeses though.

I hope we can swap recipes some time, Fiona.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom