"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 10-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

If patti is building a fancy home then it needs top end appliances to go with it. I dont think she is thinking one stove cooks better than another.

If i remember correctly the sub zero refer is built into the house and some have the compressor located in a basement or garage.

Some of my customers in massapequa park LINY had refers that looked like part of the wall.

Very impressive stuff.

If you can afford it go for it and enjoy.

My afterthought is to get a garland stainless 6 burner range with dual ovens--You cant get too much more pro than that.

Garland X60-6R24RR SunFire 6 Burner Gas Range with 24" Raised Griddle/Broiler and Two Standard Ovens

Less than 3 thousand

Here are some specs

The Garland X60-6R24RR SunFire six-burner range with a 24" raised griddle/broiler and two standard ovens comes packed with features that enhance its convenience and usability. Its sturdy yet economical design is ideal for those looking for a basic restaurant range without additional frills or expensive add-ons. Six powerful 30,000 BTU two- piece burners are set in split cast iron ergonomic grates.

The 24" griddle/broiler section has a 5/8" thick griddle plate, 3 cast iron "H" style burners rated at 14,500 BTU each, and manual hi/low valve controls.

The standard ovens each feature a robust 33,000 BTU steel tube burner, and a nickel plated oven rack with a fixed 2-position removeable guide. Plus, the ribbed porcelain oven bottoms and door interiors and aluminized tops, sides, and backs make cleanup a snap!

The X60-6R24RR SunFire features easy-to-modulate oven thermostats with a temperature range from low to 500 degrees Fahrenheit for flexibility and versatility.

The Garland X60-6R24RR SunFire is easy to clean, thanks to its stainless steel front and sides. With a large, 27" deep work top surface and a 4" stainless steel plate rail, you'll have plenty of room to work.

The Garland X60-6R24RR SunFire range is available in liquid propane or natural gas configurations, and measures 60"W x 33 1/2"D x 36"H (w/ legs). Its total height with shelf is 57".

Old 10-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke59ds View Post
If i remember correctly the sub zero refer is built into the house and some have the compressor located in a basement or garage.

Some of my customers in massapequa park LINY had refers that looked like part of the wall.

Very impressive stuff.
There is a down side to that though. My parents re-did their kitchen about 15-20 years ago. They got a sub Zero fridge that was built into the wall. It is a beautiful fridge and I love how it is long buy somewhat shallow so you have a ton of space for food and nothing gets lost in the back.

The downside is that they have had problems with the fridge and the parts are extremely expensive. Some of the parts cost as much as a brand new regular fridge. Because the Sub Zero is built into the wall it can not just be replaced with a regular fridge. A reg fridge would just not fit in that space. So now they are locked into replacing it with another Sub Zero when the time comes or doing a substantial redesign of part of their kitchen.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
There is a down side to that though. My parents re-did their kitchen about 15-20 years ago. They got a sub Zero fridge that was built into the wall. It is a beautiful fridge and I love how it is long buy somewhat shallow so you have a ton of space for food and nothing gets lost in the back.

The downside is that they have had problems with the fridge and the parts are extremely expensive. Some of the parts cost as much as a brand new regular fridge. Because the Sub Zero is built into the wall it can not just be replaced with a regular fridge. A reg fridge would just not fit in that space. So now they are locked into replacing it with another Sub Zero when the time comes or doing a substantial redesign of part of their kitchen.
When you buy a sub Zero you are not worried about $$$$
Old 10-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke59ds View Post
When you buy a sub Zero you are not worried about $$$$
Sorry, but that is just not true at all.