Ask away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can never peel a hard boiled egg cleanly. Is there a fool-proof method?

Starting with the 'fat' end (air pocket) tap with the back of a spoon to crack/break shell up pretty much all over.

Peel the air pocket open with your fingers making sure you gotten the membrane.

Take your spoon (bowl side to the egg and outer curve out) and slide it under the shell and lift off.

I can usually peel an egg with 3 scoops. :angel:

Lastly make sure the eggs you are hard-boiling are not fresh fresh.:rolleyes:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :rolleyes:

answer...
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood. :D

But if woodchucks could they would probably chuck about 700 pounds of it (true scientific evidence backs this up (supposedly)). A woodchuck would chuck ALL of the wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood! Well assuming its a fairly large woodchuck and its early adulthood, he would be able to chuck about 90-110 pounds of wood an hour.
(True quote from the internet, can't argue with that!)

Last edited:
answer...
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood. :D

But if woodchucks could they would probably chuck about 700 pounds of it (true scientific evidence backs this up (supposedly)). A woodchuck would chuck ALL of the wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood! Well assuming its a fairly large woodchuck and its early adulthood, he would be able to chuck about 90-110 pounds of wood an hour.
(True quote from the internet, can't argue with that!)
That's true on any day other than Groundhog's Day, because groundhog is another name for woodchuck, and they are too busy looking for their shadows.

No, seriously, I really want to know what the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is.

CD :D

"The airspeed velocity of a (European) unladen swallow is about 24 miles per hour or 11 meters per second." What is your Quest?

Welcome to DC, Ce-Ce. I see you have met our resident jokers, don't worry they don't bite...well, unless you cooked a fantastic dish.

What is your favorite dish to cook?

Back
Top Bottom