Australian Guy - New To DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcom!

Not only is the Purple Mother Ship watching you, but so are Henrietta and Mrytle from the Chicken Chronicles. Can you knit? They need some new outfits. A stunning swim suit for the summer would do just fine. And not topless please. All the other girls get so jealous when those two get a new outfit.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/chicken-chronicles-76125.html

This would be a good place to start.

:angel:

Welcome to DC, Austral! I see you have already gone through the initiation process.

Welcom!

Not only is the Purple Mother Ship watching you, but so are Henrietta and Mrytle from the Chicken Chronicles. Can you knit? They need some new outfits. A stunning swim suit for the summer would do just fine. And not topless please. All the other girls get so jealous when those two get a new outfit.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/chicken-chronicles-76125.html

This would be a good place to start.

:angel:

OK, Purple Mother Ship, Pie Cult, Chicken Chronicles, I'm already confused. Although, a little intrigued. Thanks for the warm welcome. I can already say, I'm going to enjoy it here.

Way to go! So many people here, I believe, are "trained" chefs and professional cooks. I feel a little under qualified! I am just a Bama girl who grew up with a mom in the food indusrty...no mistake, she "trained" me well!... I became a cook like most people I know...I got married and had children! I am a Registered Nurse by education, but decided to change my "profession" to cooking several years ago!
This forum (which is my first also) really is wonderful! Welcome!:chef:
Thanks for the warm welcome. How long have you been professionally cooking? I wouldn't worry too much about having less experience. I know "untrained" chefs who are as talented, if not more so than qualified chefs. It's all about passion. :chef:

:) Welcome aboard from Puglia, Italia and Madrid Capital, Spain.

Sydney is stunner City gastronomically ...

Have nice wkend.

Margi. Cintrano.

Thanks Margi. Was in Italy and Spain in 2007. Had an absolute blast. As for the weekend, It's mother's day tomorrow so the restaurant will be packed and really crazy :(. Not looking forward. At least I'm only working breakfast. Well, so far.

Every Aussie chef knows the best way to a True Blue Aussie Meat Pie :yum:. If you want the goods, I'm more than happy to share :chef:.

Please post the recipe. My old boss, a baker, was from Melbourne and made a kick butt meat pie. It was curry based and made with ground beef. He also made sausage rolls with fresh ground pork that were killer.

To try to explain some things: The Pie Cult is members who own a Breville Pie Maker and it's clone and love making mini-pies. They/we have a Purple Mothership that visits our new recruits, beaming rays of goodwill and pies.

But it's okay, the rest of the folks are just regular crazy:)

OK, Purple Mother Ship, Pie Cult, Chicken Chronicles, I'm already confused. Although, a little intrigued. Thanks for the warm welcome. I can already say, I'm going to enjoy it here.
The "Chicken Chronicles" are little stories about my life as a chicken keeper. Every now and again, I share stories about what the girls are doing (and to brag about how wonderful it is to have FRESH EGGS on a daily basis).

CWS4322 said:
The "Chicken Chronicles" are little stories about my life as a chicken keeper. Every now and again, I share stories about what the girls are doing (and to brag about how wonderful it is to have FRESH EGGS on a daily basis).

I think I will enjoy your chicken raising stories, we are about to buy our first ever chooks for eggs, then later maybe for meat too. So any information is valuable

Yes the Lakes are not too far from me - an absolutely beautiful part of our country. Whereabouts were you living there?

I was living in Cumbria. I was out in the country, nearest town was Kendal. Loved it. I was living with a whole bunch of travelers from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa. We all worked at a little country hotel called Masons Arms Strawberrybank. You should check it out if you ever get over that way.
After I left there, I returned to Australia and began my chefs apprenticeship. Now I work at an Italian restaurant in Sydney. What do you do?

Back
Top Bottom