Australian Guy - New To DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austral

Assistant Cook
G'day everyone,
My name is Austral (very original, I know... :LOL:) and I am a DC virgin. Actually, I am a forum virgin, so let's go easy on me.
I have been working as a chef for 4 years but am not enjoying cooking professionally. Thankfully, it hasn't dented my passion for cooking at home in my own warm yet tiny kitchen.
I am looking to share recipes and techniques as well as hopefully make a few new friends.
Hope to hear from you.

:LOL: At least you're honest. We all have our... well... I actually don't know how to finish that sentence.
g'day austral from manchester uk home of soccer.not too many sheep in the city,women are currently in fashion:ROFLMAO:!
bolas is my big brother,bet you guessed!
harry

g'day austral from manchester uk home of soccer.not too many sheep in the city,women are currently in fashion:ROFLMAO:!
bolas is my big brother,bet you guessed!
harry

Women really are in fashion all over. Cool eh! I was in the UK a few years ago. I didn't see Manchester, I was told to avoid. LOL

Last edited:
G'day everyone,
My name is Austral (very original, I know... :LOL:) and I am a DC virgin. Actually, I am a forum virgin, so let's go easy on me.
I have been working as a chef for 4 years but am not enjoying cooking professionally. Thankfully, it hasn't dented my passion for cooking at home in my own warm yet tiny kitchen.
I am looking to share recipes and techniques as well as hopefully make a few new friends.
Hope to hear from you.

Way to go! So many people here, I believe, are "trained" chefs and professional cooks. I feel a little under qualified! I am just a Bama girl who grew up with a mom in the food indusrty...no mistake, she "trained" me well!... I became a cook like most people I know...I got married and had children! I am a Registered Nurse by education, but decided to change my "profession" to cooking several years ago!
This forum (which is my first also) really is wonderful! Welcome!:chef:

Welcome to DC. If you stay away from the pie cult, and watch that the purple mother ship doesn't abduct you, you probably will find that DCers are gentle with newbies!

Way to go! So many people here, I believe, are "trained" chefs and professional cooks. I feel a little under qualified! I am just a Bama girl who grew up with a mom in the food indusrty...no mistake, she "trained" me well!... I became a cook like most people I know...I got married and had children! I am a Registered Nurse by education, but decided to change my "profession" to cooking several years ago!
This forum (which is my first also) really is wonderful! Welcome!:chef:
I know there are professional chefs and cooks here, but I think the majority is that most of us are cooks by default, chef wannabes thanks to Food Network or CreateTV!

The Pie Cult has already spoken.

Welcome to DC, Austral!

I'm putting on my shiny purple shoes and heading to work!

Back
Top Bottom