Better late than never...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grumblebee

Contest Winner
Well, I've been here almost a month now and realized I never really introduced myself properly! I have a tendency to join forums and just jump right into the conversations. :rolleyes:

Anyway, so my name is Monica and I am 24yrs old. I live in Calgary, Alberta but once I am done with school I want to move to the west coast. (preferably somewhere on Vancouver Island - in the Victoria/Sooke area) I am currently finishing up my degree in Early Childhood Education in school and also am working part time in a kindergarten with children with special needs. I love kids a lot, but don't have any of my own. (don't plan on having any soon either! hehe) I do have a few fuzzy children though (2 cats and 2 dogs - the dogs live at my parent's house though)

I LOVE cooking and have ever since I was little. I remember always being in the kitchen when my Mom made things. I also really liked cooking with my Grandma and have great memories of that. When I go to visit her (she lives in Nebraska) we like to cook together - she makes THE BEST vegetarian lasagna in the world!

Anyway, I already feel "at home" here but figured it was high time I properly introduced myself - so here you go! :-p

Grumblebee, I've enjoyed your thoughts on things, and am surprised at your age - you're quite wise for 24! I wish you the very best on your continuing education - what a noble profession.

I also must say, I LOVE your new avatar!

Hi! Welcome to the group! You already seem very much at home and we're glad you're here.

Hi Grumblebee, we've chatted several times and I've really enjoyed it. So glad you've joined us and so glad we met.:)

Hey grumblebee! Thanks for the introduction! We are glad you've made yourself at home with all of us, happy to have you here.
I'm very impressed with your schooling and career goals. I have two kids of my own, my avatar. Aidan, who is 2 and Callum who is 2 months. We live in Maple Falls, WA and are about 15 minutes from the border. When you come out in this direction, we should meet up and have some coffee. We can invite pds too. She lives down by Seattle, but I'm sure she'd go to great lengths for a cup of coffee. ;) A warm welcome to you!

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
Hey grumblebee! Thanks for the introduction! We are glad you've made yourself at home with all of us, happy to have you here.
I'm very impressed with your schooling and career goals. I have two kids of my own, my avatar. Aidan, who is 2 and Callum who is 2 months. We live in Maple Falls, WA and are about 15 minutes from the border. When you come out in this direction, we should meet up and have some coffee. We can invite pds too. She lives down by Seattle, but I'm sure she'd go to great lengths for a cup of coffee. ;) A warm welcome to you!

I'd only drive about 8 miles for a cup of coffee but I could be convinced
to drive all the way to Vancouver to meet both of you and your families!!:):):)

pdswife said:
I'd only drive about 8 miles for a cup of coffee but I could be convinced
to drive all the way to Vancouver to meet both of you and your families!!

Hehe.. sounds good to me! And everyone knows the west coast has the best coffee in the entire world. :-p

Thanks for the welcomes and such everyone!

grumblebee said:
Well, I've been here almost a month now and realized I never really introduced myself properly! I have a tendency to join forums and just jump right into the conversations. :rolleyes:

Anyway, so my name is Monica and I am 24yrs old. I live in Calgary, Alberta but once I am done with school I want to move to the west coast. (preferably somewhere on Vancouver Island - in the Victoria/Sooke area) I am currently finishing up my degree in Early Childhood Education in school and also am working part time in a kindergarten with children with special needs. I love kids a lot, but don't have any of my own. (don't plan on having any soon either! hehe) I do have a few fuzzy children though (2 cats and 2 dogs - the dogs live at my parent's house though)

I LOVE cooking and have ever since I was little. I remember always being in the kitchen when my Mom made things. I also really liked cooking with my Grandma and have great memories of that. When I go to visit her (she lives in Nebraska) we like to cook together - she makes THE BEST vegetarian lasagna in the world!

Anyway, I already feel "at home" here but figured it was high time I properly introduced myself - so here you go! :-p

:LOL: I didn't even know you were new... you fit in perfectly...:)

You DID just jump in, didn't you? LOL but kimbaby is right, you fit right in!!
Glad that you stayed. Welcome to you!!

Ciao Monica!! Gee, Kim and TG are so right... you made yourself at home so smoothly we never noticed you sneaking in:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well great that you made the "formal announcement" so we can introduce ourselves correctly!! We enjoy your company and love your fuzzy children, they are soooo cute!! (especially the head shot of Buster!!)

It is a great pleasure to have you around!!

Hi Monica, a big happy welcome to DC!

I used to live in Calgary too! Loved it to bits and would gladly return again! Plus your aim is to not only move to my home province but near the area in it where I was born (Vancouver) - how cool is that!

img_238611_0_56937587b0ff055e8a7f4a966be4f0f4.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom