Big Dog is back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDog

Head Chef
Well, as much as I can.

I've had some recent changes in employment that have cause extreme chaos and my inability to be here as I would prefer.

Having been schooled in law enforcement, I finally got my foot in the door when I was hired by the Minneapolis Park Police Department (MPPD) as a Park Patrol Agent. It is not a sworn officer position, but it is the entry level for law enforcement, which is what I want to do.

Over the last two weeks, I've been working my full time job during the day and attending training for the agent job at night. 14 to 16 hour days, not including travel time. If I wasn't working, I was sleeping! That said, I survived training, have left my "full time" job officially as I work full time for the MPPD now.

So, I should have more time to be around here. I certainly will not depart completely from here, as there have been countless tidbits of wisdom gleaned from members here for my personal chef business, which I plan to continue working on developing and getting operational. I won't be here as often as I had been previous, but (hopefully) more so then I have been as of late!

Welcome back, BigDog :)

We miss our cooking friends when they're gone.

How cool is that to be able to do something you enjoy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Way cool news, Big Dog. Wish I had mish's talent for coming up with the perfect photo to illustrate, but you'll have to do with my hearty congrats.

Thanks, y'all!

By no means do I have any intention of bailing on my friends here at DC. Sadly I won't be on as much, but what can you do?

Thanks again for the well wishes! Now I gotta go make breakfast!

Ah there you are!! I was beginning to worry about you, and so glad to hear about the great news!! This is another thing to which your heart always belonged (aside from the culinary business!), and I am happy for you!! Right now the priority is to get your new career in full swing, but try not to be too much of a stranger here!! And if you ever get to the point where you can think of a side business as a personal chef, just let me know... I have all the stuff we've worked on saved on my file, we can pick right up where we left off!!
Congratulations my friend!!:) :) :)

Well, I guess I have to resurrect this topic, as I know I have been absent for some time again. Really just a lot of the same; soul searching, planning with the missus, meditation, investigating various life possibilities, etc. has taken much of my time.

In a nut shell, I am now an entry level 9-1-1 Operator for Minneapolis. The concrete hasn't set, but it is appearing as this will be my primary source of income, and perhaps ulimately my career. There is a chance or two it might change, but based on track record, I doubt it. Now, on to "bigger and better" things, right? LOL! Just more life decisions to make.

If you would like, check out my Yahoo 360 page (similar to the MySpace concept, but I ditched MySpace for various reasons). The URL is in my profile. I keep that relatively up to date from the blog standpoint.

I hope to be here at least a bit more often then I have been. Today is my first day "post training" and working my scheduled shift (2:30pm to 10:45pm) so I haven't figured out how to balance everything aournd the work schedule. Anyways, I guess that's all for now!

For those that have Y! accounts, 360 is free, similar to MySpace, and IMHO far more secure. If you create (or have) a 360 page, LMK and I'll add you as a friend!

Great to hear from you BigDog! I can't wait until you have some time to tell us about your job. I always thought that would be a really interesting job to have. Way to go man!

Back
Top Bottom